Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ashaurya97
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,786
Message 1 of 3

Z560 makes weird high-pitched beep noises at boot! HELP!

I own a lenovo ideapad Z560. It's still under warranty period. About 2 weeks back, I installed a fresh copy of windows. It's been working fine. Except since 2 days, during boot, it gets stuck. Weird high-pitched beep noises come and the hard drive light(the cylinder one) keeps flashing. I have no option but to manually switch off by pressing the power button and then taking my chances again. It usually boots up the second time, but I was wondering what the problem is.

Is it a boot sector virus? or is it a hard drive failure? If so, does my warranty cover hard drive failures?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Former Employee
Views: 1,768
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z560 makes weird high-pitched beep noises at boot! HELP!

hey ashaurya97,

hard to say if its a physical issue or whether its a virus; but the warranty does cover hard drive failure.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
ansu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,510
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z560 makes weird high-pitched beep noises at boot! HELP!

I have same problem as told by ashaurya97...i have a lenovo z460 .and its start beeping at boot time ...it beeps upto 5 mins then it resumes normal windows...so what should i do???

please help me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors