Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vickey_Virtual
What's DOS?
Views: 2,224
Message 31 of 33

lenovo z560 -cannot connect to wifi- unable to connect to "network_

HI,

I have lenovo z560 it usually cannot connect to wifi error unable to connect to "network_name_ABCD" running on windows 7 . what I observed is

1) I can connect other HP & DELL laptop but if I need to connect this lenovo z560 I need to  restart my wifi router .

2) if I sit near to my wifi router only then it will get connect and if I was far away from wifi router(even if I have signal strength good if I am far) then it will never get connected.

I have disabled IPV6 as well on this and update windows 7 to 64 bit version as well bu issue is still same..

any help on this please?

Radicalmama62
Paper Tape
Views: 1,208
Message 32 of 33

Lenovo idea pad z560 will not connect to wifi

All all other laptops and pads and pones will connect. Tried updating drivers, push Connect, reset routers , reboot computer?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,187
Message 33 of 33

Re: Lenovo idea pad z560 will not connect to wifi

hi Radicalmama62,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

If youre getting an error that says "Windows was unable to connect", try to check the following:

Spoiler
wifi.JPG

1. Update your drivers via the lenovo website (http://support.lenovo.com)

2. Use a WPA/WPA2-PSK TKIP or AES. on your router encryption

3. If applicable, Disable Wireless Multimedia (WMM) on your router.

4. Uninstall your wireless adapter under Device Manager - a box will come up but don't delete the driver. (click start and type "Device Manager" and look for Network Adapters). After uninstalling, right click on Network Adapters and choose Scan for Hardware Changes (this will refresh the wireless module on the OS),

Let me know your findings.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors