06-25-2011 01:24 PM
I have lenovo z560 it usually cannot connect to wifi error unable to connect to "network_name_ABCD" running on windows 7 . what I observed is
1) I can connect other HP & DELL laptop but if I need to connect this lenovo z560 I need to restart my wifi router .
2) if I sit near to my wifi router only then it will get connect and if I was far away from wifi router(even if I have signal strength good if I am far) then it will never get connected.
I have disabled IPV6 as well on this and update windows 7 to 64 bit version as well bu issue is still same..
any help on this please?
01-24-2013 12:15 PM
Welcome to the Lenovo Community.
If youre getting an error that says "Windows was unable to connect", try to check the following:
1. Update your drivers via the lenovo website (http://support.lenovo.com)
2. Use a WPA/WPA2-PSK TKIP or AES. on your router encryption
3. If applicable, Disable Wireless Multimedia (WMM) on your router.
4. Uninstall your wireless adapter under Device Manager - a box will come up but don't delete the driver. (click start and type "Device Manager" and look for Network Adapters). After uninstalling, right click on Network Adapters and choose Scan for Hardware Changes (this will refresh the wireless module on the OS),
Let me know your findings.