Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JessC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,122
Message 1 of 19

Z565 slowness problem

Since mid-December my laptop has been running very slow when dealing with any sort of game, the laptop is about 3.5 months old now. I know it's probably not a gaming laptop but I'm having lag and choppiness issues even in simple flash games. Since then, I have used the One Key Recovery, from initial point, to start over twice (because I thought I messed up the updates the first time). I don't think it has to do with my internet connection because my brother plays the new Star Wars game perfectly fine, it runs very smoothly and with no lag. I also don't have any issues when opening up new pages, though after the recovery, loading has gotten just SLIGHTLY slower. I don't run many programs at once and I don't think I have any unused programs running in the background. I only have Panda Cloud Antivirus running. Every now and then I run CCleaner and Combofix (as told by a friend) in case of problems. I have fully updated all the Windows updates after recovery and updated the driver from the AMD site. The lag and choppiness is the same as before the recovery. I don't know what the problem may be and I don't know where to look. I am still under warranty but I'd like to see if there's a fix before having to deal with that.

Any advice?

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 1,100
Message 2 of 19

Re: Z565 slowness problem

hey JessC

welcome to the forums.

if you have access to a spare and higher capacity RAM card, install it. check in your add/remove program list, is there any software installed that you don't use at all ? remove those.

Defrag your drive as well. Head to >> http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=911767

crosscheck the drivers here with your unit. anything outdated ? update it then.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
JessC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,092
Message 3 of 19

No spare card and I already removed all software that I don't use. Haven't tried a defrag yet, I will try that tonight! How many drivers are there? I don't know what that means exactly (don't know that much about computers), I have only updated the AMD part, I think.

Thanks for the reply Serge1410!
JessC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,080
Message 4 of 19

Did a defrag last night, unfortunately, everything is still running the same as before. Any other solutions?
Former Employee
Views: 1,074
Message 5 of 19

hmm.

interesting.

do you have the recovery disc to reset your unit to factory setting? If yes, use it and see if it makes any difference.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

JessC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 6 of 19

I don't remember if the laptop came with that, is that disc different from the One Key Recovery system?

Former Employee
Views: 1,058
Message 7 of 19

nope it is not, it is the disc that you make from the One Key Recovery .

WW Social Media

JessC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,048
Message 8 of 19

If it is the same as the One Key Recovery then I don't need the disc, right? I used the One Key Recovery that was already installed in the laptop twice already (in my first post). Both times I reset to initial point which I am guessing is factory setting. Do you think I should try it again?

mmaaddict78
Punch Card
Views: 1,045
Message 9 of 19

Sounds like it could be an issue with your router. Have you tried connecting your internet with an ethernet cable instead of using wireless?
JessC
Paper Tape
Views: 1,033
Message 10 of 19

No, I haven't, I'll try that tonight. My brother also connects using wireless and it runs fine on his end. Also, I don't have problems with watching streams live so I don't think it's the internet connection, but I will try the cable.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors