Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navin_kg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 361
Message 1 of 7

Z570 RAm upgraded not picking up

Hi, I am using Lenovo model z570 i5 intel 4gb RAM . I recently got  Samsung 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333mhz SO-DIMM 204 Pin Memory Upgrade Module (M471b5273ch0-ch9). I have two ports in my laptop for a RAM. first slot is default comapny RAM (4GB )and in the second slot I inserted the new RAM 4GB. after I insert and resert the system in myComputer properties I see it as 4GB . I was expecting it to be 8GB(4Gb*4GB). I also checked in the BIOS it shows 4GB. I individually checked if any defect with the new RAM , removed the old RAM and inserted the new RAM and it works perfectly. May I know or can I get solution to fix this problem.oldRam-min.jpgold RAMnew.PNGnew RAM

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 332
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z570 RAm upgraded not picking up

Your new ram spec looks good.  It looks equal to old ram, part number wise.

What OS are you running? 32 bit or 64 bit?

Launch task manager, select performance tab, select memory.

What value is in hardware reserved?

In search box, type msconfig.exe. 

Select boot tab, then advanced options. 

Verify maximum memory tab is NOT checked.

navin_kg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 319
Message 3 of 7

Hi thanks for the reply, the above issue I resolved by trial and error by insert it properly , now I can see total memory as 8GB , but now there is a new issue, that is suddenly the OS crashes off , I am using windows 10 64bit . Even the laptop is fast than before . But when the OS crashes I need to remove the battery and resinsert it then the laptop works correctly , there is no specific time duration when frequently the laptop switches off . is there a fix for this . anything dangerous ? how can I reolve it ?

Replying to your questions : It's 64bit Windows 10 OS in task bar it is 8GB now 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 308
Message 4 of 7

You could look in event viewer for possible crash reason.

Start>admin tools>event viewer.

Double click "custom views", then double click "admin events".

navin_kg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 299
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I looked into memory option that is unchecked , and in the event logs this is what I found , 
Capture.PNG

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 274
Message 6 of 7

Event viewer is not your best friend.  

Scroll down the list until you find "something" around time of crash. Then double click that entry.  

navin_kg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 259
Message 7 of 7

Hi Thank you for your support . I will drop the solution that fixed the problem . I removed the RAM again and made sure I placed currectly in there ports. I also removed the fan I cleaned it . Now from two days I am not facing any problem . The problem I felt was I did not place the RAM correctly I mean little more perfectly it needs to be placed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors