02-23-2017 07:23 PM
Hello I have an idea pad Z570 with windows 7 64 bit. Recently the thermal management, one key theater, mute and volume dedicated buttons stopped working.
I have tried updating from the drivers and software from the drivers page unstalling and reinstaling from the drivers in the webpage and and from lenovo unit D.
I do not have a restore point that can be old enough to restore the the system. Do you have any ideas of how can I enable the dedicated buttons again?
Thank you very much for your help in advance.
02-24-2017 07:51 AM - edited 02-24-2017 07:54 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
This could be related to a few things, first of all, try to discharge any static built up in the unit.
If the battery is internal, just skip the remove/replace battery steps.
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
If that doesn`t work, try to factory reset, this would reset everything back to factory settings, basically the oldest restore point available at this point.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these fail, and you are in warranty, then just try contacting your local Lenovo support line for a recovery media, below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Otherwise you can purchase one yourself from the service shop.
Hope this help you, let us know how you get on
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
07-29-2017 03:28 AM
I had some problem after install win7 64 bit. Any button of above panel didnt work. (volume buttons was effecting volume but i wasnt see screen display icons) Then i solved this problem by installing standart energy management driver for win7 64 bit: