Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennisaxfr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,604
Message 1 of 8

Z570 webcam not detected

I open YouCam on my Ideapad Z570 and it tells me no webcam detected (See attachement for full description)

Untitled.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,587
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z570 webcam not detected

hi Dennisaxfr,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try to:

1. Go to http://www.testwebcam.com/ and let the website access the webcam. If the webcam doesn't light up is getting detected > if it works, try to perform a clean boot and relaunch the YouCam software.

2. If same problem, press WinKey+R > type devmgmt.msc

3. On the Device Manager, look for Imaging Devices

If you don't see any Imaging Devices, the webcam is probably faulty. You can opt to contact lenovo for service or use a USB camera for the meantime.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Dennisaxfr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,575
Message 3 of 8

Untitled.jpg

Dennisaxfr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,574
Message 4 of 8

This is the screen on device manager!

Is there a problem with the laptop?

What do i do to fix it really hard to talk on skype

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,562
Message 5 of 8

hi Dennisaxfr,

Can you try toSmiley Tongueress Fn+Esc to turn ON the Integrated Camera and check if you see "Imaging Devices" under Device Manager (you can tell if the function keys are working if you see an on screen display).

If nothing happens and you also don't see any on screen display, try to re-install:

Lenovo Energy Management Software
IN8STW09WW5.exe
13.4 MB

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Dennisaxfr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,555
Message 6 of 8

I ran the installer, but it tells me that a later version of energy management is already there,

what should i do now

Dennisaxfr
Paper Tape
Views: 3,549
Message 7 of 8

I uninstalled and installed energy management software again, but still the same problem even when i press Fn+Esc to turn the camera on and off again

HELP

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,536
Message 8 of 8

hi Dennisaxfr,

You can tell if the function keys are working when you try to press Fn+ Up/Down Arrow to test the brightness. If the Imaging Device is still not appearing on the Device Manager after pressing Fn+Esc then most probabgly there's an internal problem on the camera (probably a faulty cable or a camera board).and you need to contact lenovo for service.

As an alternative, you can get a high quality USB Camera if you won't be able to have it serviced for the meantime.

Hope this helps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors