Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
insipidipity
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 218
Message 1 of 2

Z575 Alt+numkeys issue

Hi! Regardless of the state of Num Lock (on or off) holding Alt then typing digits on the numpad will generate a char when Alt key is released. This is the normal behaviour only when NumLock is on, as far as I remember. This is on Windows 7 64bit. Can anyone confirm that this is abnormal and that the chars should be generated only when NumLock is on ? but they are being generated regardless of it's state. To get an idea see here: http://www.starr.net/is/type/altnum.htm Why is this bothering me, it's because when I'm using firefox I press Alt+Home (the Home key on keypad which is also key 7) and it generates Alt+num7 that is char(7) - if you remember in DOS it used to do a beep when sent to screen (but in windows 7 the char is being shown as a small centered ball) Also note that when numlock is off, the keys ie. Alt+Home and Alt+7 are both executed ... rather than just Alt+Home or just Alt+7 if you want. I'm hoping for a patch fix for this ? I'll do windows update just in case, if I don't report back assume that it didn't fix it.

EDIT: forgot to say, Alt+Home opens google and it puts the char #7 in the search bar and I have to Backspace it.

Also in this post all paragraphs were auto removed but they seems to be kept when doing Edit

"any information sent to Lenovo will be deemed NOT to be confidential."
Retired Partner
Views: 194
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z575 Alt+numkeys issue

Kindly update the BIOS also as it may help.

The BIOS update can be download from mentioned below web link

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/DriversDownLoads/Drivers_Show_5163.html

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors