cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 6,989

So here are the steps of instructions to follow.

1. Files needed:

2.Install Driver Fusion, then go to "Control Panel" and uninstall all AMD\ATI software.

3. Restart OS, and run it in Safe Mode (hit F8 after big Lenovo splash screen at the very beginning of booting)

4. Run Driver Fusion and clean all the AMD files and registry left after uninstalling.

5. Restart system.

6. Run Lenovo video driver, click Install, then select Custom, and then select from the list ONLY: AVIVO (I don't know

if it's needed), USB driver and AMD SMBus. DO NOT TICK ANY OTHER COMPONENTS!

7. Don't  restart system. Now install this Catalyst 12.8 - you don't have to untick anything, install all of the software.

8. It's still NOT time for restart system Smiley Wink

9. Now run Regedit (click Windows button + r, type regedit and hit enter)

10. On the left go to the top of the list, click on Computer, then hit Ctrl+F. Search "enableulps". When it will find one, double-click on it, and change value from 1 to 0. Search for another one by pressing F3 and change in the same way. Don't touch enableulps_NA.

11. When you're sure that you've changed all of these - restart your notebook.

12. After restart, run AMD VISION Engine Control Center and SWITCH OFF Crossfire! And that's all! Smiley Wink Remember to run all games in High Performance mode.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
scavy

So this process authorized by Lenovo? The new driver should work 100 % without mistake? Cause its not working for me...

I did everything like steps by steps written in the guide. First of all, when i run the Driver Fusion in safe mode, and i go to the AMD Display drivers, and remove all, it says it cant remove everything with the free driver fusion, needed the premium. So maybe it is the problem, that it didnt remove all the AMD driver components.

Anyway it seemed to manage to do everything well, but when i tried to change some settings in the vision control center, it just suddenly crashed, and cant open it anymore. No matter i reboot, it just starting with the "host application stopped working windows.." . Any idea for solution pls?

mario92

I had problem with Radeon 6650M when installing new drivers from AMD site. Every time I utilized 6650M laptop would freeze and BSOD poped up.

After this tutorial everything is working now.

Windows 8 x64

A6 3400M undervolted

Thank you!

BozoTheScary

I made the mistake of allowing AMD software to upgrade my video driver.  Now, everything crashes.  Minecraft crashes with the most information:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6763ee0c, pid=1636, tid=2284
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_67-b01) (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (24.65-b04 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [atioglxx.dll+0xf0ee0c]

I tried this procedure (and a few others) to try to restore my drivers to the late 2011 drivers from Lenovo.  I followed this procedure verbatim except for the fact that Driver Fusion did not appear to do anything.  Still I get regular crashes.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

DesCoene

Hi all

Am new on this subject but found where you can download your AMD Agent to update your Drivers

DOWNLOAD HERE

I hope to be at your sevice with it?

Contributors