Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8Keep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 748
Message 1 of 8

Z575 Many Problems and Warrenty Info

I am having so many problems with my z575. When I bought it from newegg last April, it was fine but started to glitch out, go to my other thread to see screen shots. It was fine for me, because i didn't play many games, but it became increasingly annoying as the dedicated graphics card pretty much seemed broken.

Recently the computer has just been completely freezing up, seemingly randomly. To the point where I couldn't even move the mouse and had to long hold the power button to force it off. As you can probably imagine, these two problems are incredibly annoying. I am 14 years old, so obviously I cannot pay for a new laptop or pay for repairs. I need to know if there is a warrenty from newegg and how I can get it repaired, and I am really not sure what is wrong. I think either the dedicated graphics card needs to be replaced or the smaller one not for gaming. Something else is wrong too because of the random stopping everything. Oh, and when it randomly freezes, it is not making too much noise, like it does when it is processing lots of stuff or writing to the harddrive. I went to the warrenty lookup tool, and when i used my serial number it says it could'nt find it. Please help!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 731
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z575 Many Problems and Warrenty Info

Hi Keep,

your problems could be either software or hardware related, but since you have already done a lot of troubleshooting with software, I suggest you to reset your IdeaPad Z575 back to the factory defaults by using OneKey Recovery (OKR)...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/How-to-do-System-Recovery-on-Lenovo-z580/...

If the freezing up and shut-down issues persist after this complete reset of Windows and OEM software installations,

the problem seems to be a hardware defect, please consult Lenovo Tech Support about warranty repair...

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/feedback/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-76613

Good Luck...  Zehn

8Keep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 475
Message 3 of 8

But the problem is when I type in my serial number, it says: Error : Machine Type and Serial Not Found in IBase.

I purchased my laptop on newegg last april or may. I should still have the 1 year warrenty that comes with everything, right?

8Keep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 416
Message 4 of 8

I still need help with this problem, before my 1 year warrenty runs out. But, for some reason lenovo cannot find my warrenty. Please help me.

8Keep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 409
Message 5 of 8

Here are some examples of what happens:

http://imgur.com/a/e2LgP

8Keep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 373
Message 6 of 8

I am still having problems! I need to get this fixed before my 1 year warrenty expires! Please!

8Keep
Fanfold Paper
Views: 371
Message 7 of 8

And, whats worse, is now I keep getting "catalyst control center has stopped working" and then I can't do ANYTHING RELATED TO GAMING, without rebooting the computer, and then it will happen again in a bit. PLEASE HELP, I REALLY NEED THIS FIXED. I am only 14, my parents will be really mad and think I broke my computer Smiley Sad

And, Why is it set to solved? My problem is definitely not solved.

Moderator comment: Unmarked per OP.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 349
Message 8 of 8

Hi
Please have a look here as a last hope
http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2013/01/leshcats-catalyst-13-1-whql-unifl-for-amdintel-laptops/
It if it doesn't works, you might have to get it fixed by lenovi.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors