Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beavermuffin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,036
Message 1 of 4

Z575 - New Hard Drive and Recovery Partition / Re-install Factory Image

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Z575 that has a failing hard drive. I have already bought a new 1TB drive that is ready to be installed.

There is two problems though:

1. How do I re-install the OS and factory image of the OS after installing the new hard drive? The computer did not come with the recovery disk, everything is in the service partition that has One Key Recovery. 
  2. How do I get the One Key Recovery partition installed into the new hard drive? This way, the novo button on the IdeaPad still works after installing the new hard drive. 

The computer is still accessible since the drive has not died fully yet, but wouldI decided to get the drive replaced, since it had Seagate drive installed, and Seagate drives are known to failure. 

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,024
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Hard Drive and Recovery Partition / Re-install Factory Image

What OKR version do you have?

Option1:

You can make your own installer using the OneKey Engineering software. This requires that the original partitions are still intact.

Option 2:

For the OS you can download the media creation tool for that OS which you will use to download the installation copy. If it is Win 8.1 then download media creation tool for Win 8.1 and select Win 8.1 64 bit only, not the pro version. The product key is embedded in the bios and will be detected during installation. You need to backup the driver folder which you will use after the installation of the OS. After this you can download a free copy of Aomei OneKey Recovery to replace the Lenovo OneKey Recovery program. A hidden partition will be created just like the original to place a backup copy of the installed OS.

beavermuffin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,009
Message 3 of 4

The version of OKR is 7.0. 

The OS is still running Windows 7, but my plans is to upgrade to Windows 8 or 10 after hard drive replacement. 

What should I do in terms of drivers? Will the BIOS detect and install the necessary drivers so all the function on my laptop work?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,002
Message 4 of 4

@beavermuffin wrote:

The version of OKR is 7.0. 

The OS is still running Windows 7, but my plans is to upgrade to Windows 8 or 10 after hard drive replacement. 

What should I do in terms of drivers? Will the BIOS detect and install the necessary drivers so all the function on my laptop work?

If your driver folder no longer exist in the hdd you can download them in Lenovo's site. They should make your unit work.

If you have the OKR 7 disc sets then there should not be a problem with regards to drivers since you can just restore the unit to factory condition.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors