Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ap1922
Paper Tape
Views: 1,108
Message 1 of 6

Z575 battery life decreasing. Fast.

I got this laptop just under 2 years ago, and up until about February of 2014, it was working with no problems.

But now, November 2014, my battery life when "fully charged" is only 1h 03m. Right now it says "14 min (37%) remaining".

I know for a fact that my battery should NOT be draining that quickly. I have only 2 programs open right now, and 3 more running in the background.

Open:

Microsoft Word
Google Chrome

Background:

Logitech SetPoint
Hercules DJ Control Connection App
Microsoft Lync

I've disabled all of them before, even booted into safe mode, but I can't get my battery to last more than a maximum of 1h 31m.

When I first bought it, it had a life of ~5h. Also, it now says "Fully Charged (96%)".

Do I just need a new battery? Would a new battery be covered under my warranty?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,084
Message 2 of 6

Re: Z575 battery life decreasing. Fast.

Hi Ap1922,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the battery in your Lenovo Z575 laptop.

As you have mentioned that the battery draining very fast as this might be issue with the battery try with different battery if possible, try to reset the battery gauge.

Go to start search and type power manager, select battery tab and select advance mode.

Under battery tab select the battery maintenance, under maintenance option select perform reset under battery gauge reset.

If the issue still persist then try to update the BIOS to the latest version.

Click here to update the BIOS.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

ap1922
Paper Tape
Views: 1,064
Message 3 of 6

Hey Ashwin.

I tried that, and still, the problem persists. I downloaded HWMonitor from CPUID and it says I have a battery wear of 48% and a total capacity of 24560/46400mah. http://i.gyazo.com/bda9ae7f6c0cca56d01a0fb542d87ead.png
tuquoque
What's DOS?
Views: 1,057
Message 4 of 6

I have the same machine and am seeing the same issue. I can not find the battery reset function in Win 8 however. Is there a functionality that I am unaware of? I am very eager to see the answer for this issue as I agree that my battery life cut itself in half in no time and I can only imagine it must be a software thing and not the battery itself. 

ap1922
Paper Tape
Views: 1,043
Message 5 of 6

tuquoque, The 'reset' that he is talking about is in the Lenovo Battery Management software (http://i.gyazo.com/3431c59df4425cbc3d513db942a2ee7f.png), but it did nothing for me.

All it did was waste 4 hours of my life. Smiley Tongue

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,032
Message 6 of 6

Hi Ap1922,

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the battery in your Lenovo Z575 laptop.

Try to optimise the battery run time and check for the issue. Keeping your battery charged to 100% all the time may reduce the lifespan of the battery. If you open Energy Management and click on the button beside Optimize for Battery Runtime, you can choose to Optimize for Battery Lifespan.

This will limit the charge to 80% and it will lengthen the lifetime of the battery, although it will reduce the amount of time the laptop will run on each battery charge.  Some versions of the Energy Cut power manager will offer options to Optmize battery lifespan that will limit charge to 50%.

It is not necessary to completely drain out the battery once a week.

If you know that you're going to be using it on battery and need longer run times, then you can change the setting back to Optimize for Battery Runtime before you use it on battery.

Please try to optimize the battery and check for the issue. Let us know the findings.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors