Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lazyco
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 76,889
Message 1 of 12

Z580 Bios key ?

Hello, I have a question I bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 Intel Corei7 processor and Nvidia graphics. There were installed Windows 8, but I do not like, do not operate etc.. So I decided and I bought Windows 7 Professional. But the problem is that is can not install Windows 8.
And so I decided to install it from the BIOS, but do not know how to get it ... It is not no keyboard shortcut
(F1, F2) Please advise I do not know on the internet I found nothing

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 76,676
Message 2 of 12

Re: Z580 Bios key ?

Hello and welcome,

The following is from the user's guide (v2 for Windows 8) page 29:  http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_z380z480z485z580z585_ug_2nd_edition_jun_2012...

How can I start the BIOS setup utility?
To start the BIOS setup utility:
1 Shut down the computer.
2 Press the Novo button and then select BIOS Setup.

Does that work for you?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

lazyco
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 76,662
Message 3 of 12

Where is the button novo Smiley Happy I do not know

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 76,653
Message 4 of 12

That's in the user's guide too...

NovoButton.JPG

NovoButtonTxt.JPG

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

lazyco
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 76,646
Message 5 of 12

Thank you very much .... You have ended my monthly search boot menu Smiley Happy

AnDy1_x
Paper Tape
Views: 64,352
Message 6 of 12

Pls help...!!!

I have a Lenovo z580 and found here as we enter the BIOS but I hit another PROBLEM...

I followed these steps:
1 Shut down the computer.
2 Press the Novo button and then select BIOS Setup.
but after I press the ,,BIOS setup" does not open BIOS, do the same command as normal Windows open ,,Start windows normally"

What else can I do to open my BIOS,,,?
Highlighted
ashok624443
What's DOS?
Views: 58,783
Message 7 of 12

Hello !!  No BIOS setup in my Laptop 

Please Help me out !!          I changed my OS by removing my hard Disk and placed in toshiba Laptop and then installed window 7

I need BIOS setup for Z580           

ebbyt00
Paper Tape
Views: 56,311
Message 8 of 12

few ways to access to bios in z580

1-easy way is using nova button check out the below pics

2- at the start up (booting) hold F2

3- if computer can boot ok , hold shift  and restart the computer

if none of them would works (which did not for me) there is chance the corrupted boot manger, a year a go there wasn't any bios update available for z580 i had to  send my laptop to lenovo, they changed the motherboard for me under warranty work , same thing happen again after a year   ,i tried all the tricks but no luck ( that mean if hard drive dies you have to  find another lenovo laptop to clone the drive ,because laptop wont boot from anything except internal hard drive ) the good thing there is bios update which helped me to fix the my bios access problem .

ebbyt00
Paper Tape
Views: 56,302
Message 9 of 12

there is new bios update ,just update the bios

paulr8132
Paper Tape
Views: 27,801
Message 10 of 12

And what do you do when the NOVO key doesn't do anything?  Yes, it gets to the menu that should let you access the BIOS, but then it skips that and goes right to boot.  What do you do when your HDD fails and you need to boot from the DVD to re-install Windows, but Lenovo doesn't let you do that?  What do you do?  Dig a hole and scrap the computer? 

It would be really helpful if the forum moderator chimed in here with a solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors