Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 10 (650 Views)

Z580 Corrupt Bios : not able to change boot order.

So, I dont know how but my Z580's BIOS is corrupted. I canot go into the bios or the boot options, even after pressint the right keys. and because i am at my college now, with no leaves left, I can not go to the lenovo service centre.

So is there any way to recover my bios or changing the boot order without getting into the bios. and bcoz my first boot device is hdd i cannot boot from cd or usb.

plz help.

Retired SuperMod
Message 2 of 10 (637 Views)

Re: Z580 Corrupt Bios : not able to change boot order.

Hi kmpways, welcome to the forums,

it will help members to help you if you could post which operating system is insatlled on your Z580 and also which keys you have been pressing in order to enter BIOS.

Have you been pressing the keys during a warm or a cold start?  There are some other very similar posts on the boards, the following seems to contain some good tips which you may / may not have already tried.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Z580-ignores-USB-and-boots-straight-to-Win8...

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 10 (630 Views)

I tried on both cold and warm starts...and I am currently using windows 8.1.

i am unable to access the bios , so i cannot change the boot type or order.

Retired SuperMod
Message 4 of 10 (621 Views)

andyP wrote:
...................and also which keys you have been pressing in order to enter BIOS.

When attempting to enter BIOS from a cold start has the system been completely shut down by holding the "shift" key when clicking on shutdown or have you disabled hybrid sleep in the advanced power settings?

As reported in the thread I linked to, post 4, have you tried pressing the "one Key Recovery" button next to the start button?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 10 (616 Views)

yup....i tried the one key recovery button and i press f2 for bios and f12 for boot options.

it just show a blank screen and boot up windows.

and i have already tried that shift key thing...

Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 10 (600 Views)

At power off condition, pressing the NOVO button, instead of pressing F2 and F12, using just the up/down arrow keys and the enter key, do you still get the same results?

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 10 (584 Views)

no... I still get the black screen and then the windows starts

Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 10 (575 Views)

What I mean after pressing the NOVO don't you get the menu where you can select bios setup, boot menu, etc? And to select them just use the up/down arrow key to highlight the selection (bios setup to go to the bios) before pressing the enter key?

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 10 (562 Views)

i get the options but when i select bios or boot options or any of them it shows a blank screen and then proceed to windows.

Bit Torrent
Message 10 of 10 (560 Views)

Thanks for the clarification. It would seem that the bios is defective. However, I could be wrong. Sorry, can't help you on this. I'm out of ideas on how to deal with this problem.

Top kudoed Authors