Did you mean: 
BlakeC
What's DOS?
Views: 391
Message 1 of 2

Z580 - Display Adapter Intel HD Graphics 3000 REBOOT

Hi there.
Have an issue with my display adapter.
Every time I boot my "Ideapad Z580" on, I cannot connect to any external displays without first having to update my display adapter in the device manager.  For some reason it seems to roll back to an earlier driver while either its shutting down or booting up.  I've deleted old driver files and it still has the same problem.  Whenever I try to connect to my tv, by either WIN+P combination or the Intel control panel, it cannot find my TV or any other Monitor I plug in.

It's been like this for a year or so, never actually thought about writing on the forums about it.

I use a larger TV for display output (bad eye sight) and it's just turned into more of a nuisance than anything.
Any help would be great, if there's anyway I can provide more information just let me know!

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 302
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z580 - Display Adapter Intel HD Graphics 3000 REBOOT

Hi BlakeC,

I've seen this happen on several Windows 10 computer and it took me some time to find a solution to it. Hope this will be the solution for you also. 

  1. Download and extract DDU Uninstaller, then un-install the gpu driver using this app. 
  2. Install the latest driver from the gpu manufacturer. 
  3. Download and run "Show or hide updates troubleshooter" from Microsoft to hide the windows update for the gpu. 

Blocking the update is the trickiest part of this process since its something you cant control on windows 10. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors