Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidber
Paper Tape
Views: 875
Message 1 of 3

Z580 Failure during Windows Update

Hi there - I purchased a new Z580 last week, Windows 7 was applying some updates earlier today and gave the usual message at the end during shutdown showing the progress of the updates being applied (e.g 20 of 38) along with the message not to unplug or switch off the laptop. Unfornatunately my son pressed the power button before all the updates were complete and windows will now not load.

Can you please advise whether it is possible to go back to the factory settings either using the OneKey Recovery or some other method? I had not created a backup as it I have only used the laptop twice since purchasing.

Thank you

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 866
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z580 Failure during Windows Update

When you press power button start pressing F8 till advanced boot option turns up. Then navigate to repair your computer and press enter. Then wait till computer boots to repairing environmenr. Then either do a startup repair or a system repair to any point. If this also does not start, then do a one key recovery.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
davidber
Paper Tape
Views: 846
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z580 Failure during Windows Update

Thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors