Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rabintb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 750
Message 1 of 7

Z580 Ideapad - problems after upgrading to Win 8 pro

I have upgraded my Z580 Ideapad to Windows 8 pro from Windows Home Basic .I am sad to say that i got many errors, compactibility issues & now i am messed up with this.Issues facing(Windows 8 Pro installation was a fresh installation with out any old settings and files/programs)

• Screen Brightness Issue: I have installed the latest intel driver and am not able to reduce my screen brightness.I also tried by changing adaptive brightness property.Still its not working
  • I cant access Windows mobility centre(Instead of that Werfault.exe Error window is coming).
  • Then Touch Pad( I saw ,there will be a loss in compactability after upgrading in the Upgradation instruction page).But my question is like,When will be next update of touchpad driver???
sharq
Fanfold Paper
Views: 730
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z580 Ideapad - problems after upgrading to Win 8 pro

i have same problem with the brightness on my Z580 - windows 7 64-bit

brightness wont dim and/or change when i slide the brightness in windows mobillity center or power options.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 724
Message 3 of 7

Hi, 

Have you guys tried to install Lenovo Energy Management?

If not, can you try installing it and then try to check brightness? Please let know if ti works Smiley Wink

sharq
Fanfold Paper
Views: 717
Message 4 of 7

I have installed energy managment but still not dimming and cant change it.. except if i use fn key + arrow up/down.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 715
Message 5 of 7

Hi
Try the energy management of windows 7 also.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
rabintb
Blue Screen Again
Views: 705
Message 6 of 7

I tried that!! Still its not working!

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 700
Message 7 of 7

i don't think it is a Lenovo based problem. It might be because of win8. I have checked it on a Z580, as you lower brightness from Mobility Center, it lowers the indicator from Energy management too, and aain if you use FN+UP key, it changes the indicator of mobility center too.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors