Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhupeshjawade
Paper Tape
Views: 2,187
Message 1 of 4

Z580: RAM Compatiability

I have Lenovo Z580 and I want to upgrade the RAM to 4GB....I am not able to find similar SAMSUNG RAM which is factory installed whose specs are PC3-12800 (800 MHz)....Also should I buy RAM with higher MHz than one installed..? pls suggest me some RAMs from the company like Transcend, Corsair, or Kingston. Thanks in advance...

Moderator note: added model to subject line.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,152
Message 2 of 4

Re: RAM Compatiability

hi bhupeshjawade,

As per this pdf data sheet, the Lenovo Z580 can accommodate up to:

8GB max; PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3*, non-parity,
dual-channel capable, two 204-pin SO-DIMM sockets

Depending on your processor, the 1600Mhz speed may downclock if the memory controller on the CPU only supports a lower clock speed (i.e. If you have a i3-2370M CPU and you use a 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM,  it will downclock to 1333Mhz)

For the brand, you can use Crucial, Kingston, Patriot, GSkill, or Corsair.

Regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

suffice
Paper Tape
Views: 2,092
Message 3 of 4

I recently bought Z580.  (I5, 6 GB RAM and 1TB harddisk)

It should be having two DIMM slots as per the specifications. But i am not able to two slots in BIOS when i checked.

I could only see total physical memory as 6GB in BIOS. If it has two slots, it should show wht RAM installed in which slot.  correct ??? Please advise here.

Please confirm it it has two slots available. Because, i need upgrade it to 8GB. 

Regards,

Suffice.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,083
Message 4 of 4

Hi suffice,

I don't have a Z580 to check physically, but the on-line BIOS simulator only shows total memory, not individual slots.

6GB of RAM in your machine implies two slots with 4GB and 2GB sticks installed.  You can double-check your specific model in the ipbook:  http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/ipbook.pdf

Instructions on locating and replacing RAM are in the Hardware Maintenance Manual:  http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_z380_z480_z485_z580_z585_hmm_1st_edition_feb...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors