Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capmedia
What's DOS?
Views: 205
Message 1 of 4

Z580 Random Crash.

I have Lenovo Z50 with AMD chip, operating Windows 10. Purchased about 3 months ago. About once a month the system just shuts down. Black screen. Comes back without my prompting but no error message.

That obviously wipes out everything I was working on.

Does not appear to be temperature issue as I have both fan underneath and nearby fan blowing constant breeze.

Note that I have a G50 at home with Intel chip but same OS and have NEVER had this problem.

If it's any help, machine chirps from time to time like it is starting or ending some program but I cannot find any evidence using task manager.

Have McAfee anti virus software as well as Spybot, both running regularly, and can find no evidence of malware. And the fact it reboots itself without message or prompting suggests something else. Can you help?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 188
Message 2 of 4

Re: Z580 Random Crash.

Update the Nvidia driver

www.amd.com.

capmedia
What's DOS?
Views: 153
Message 3 of 4

I am on AMD site and do not find specific Nvidia driver. I do find an offer to download AMD Radeon R6 Graphics and, specifically, the radeon-crimson 16.3.2 minimalsetup.exe.  Is that the way to go? Don't want to create more problems.

Thanks. 

azcapmedia
What's DOS?
Views: 127
Message 4 of 4

I am on AMD site and do not find specific Nvidia driver. I do find an offer to download AMD Radeon R6 Graphics and, specifically, the radeon-crimson 16.3.2 minimalsetup.exe.  Is that the way to go? Don't want to create more problems.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors