Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dest1
Paper Tape
Views: 786
Message 1 of 12

(Z580) Screen freezing when plugging in AC adapter

Hi,

So this problem just sprung up recently. Whenever I plug in my AC  adapter into my Lenovo Z580 (Windows 8), the screen freezes. To be more specific, on occasion the task bar will freeze but 100% of the time the desktop will completely stop working, ie. icons are unresponsive, right clicking is unresponsive, etc. I can still move the mouse cursor. I can open up the Start menu but once it is opened I can not get back to the desk top. I reset the battery plans to default hoping that this would fix the problem but no dice. I also ran several virus scans through Avast! and MalwareBytes and found no problems. 

Note that this problem only arises when the AC adapter is plugged in. If I have the laptop unplugged, everything runs smoothly. No freezing at all. 

I bought this laptop in November of 2012. I have no idea what the problem might be. I'm bringing in the laptop tomorrow to a service provider to fix a broken headphone jack, but I am unsure if they would be able to fix this because it might not be a hardware issue.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks.

dest1
Paper Tape
Views: 736
Message 2 of 12

Re: (Z580) Screen freezing when plugging in AC adapter

Bump, would really like some insight to what might be the cause of this problem and how I can fix it. Thanks.

zypper2002
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 727
Message 3 of 12

dude let me know if the issue wil be fix after servicing it to the service center and what cause the problem

dest1
Paper Tape
Views: 715
Message 4 of 12

Unfortunately the service center only fixes ThinkPads, even though the Lenovo website stated that the location could service them. I also spoke to one of their operators about it, but I guess I wasn't clear on what laptop I had so when I arrived they told me that they couldn't fix the problems I am having with my Z580.

zypper2002
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 705
Message 5 of 12

ReAly they cannot fix the problem? Wat kind of service center they have. So wat would be your nexxt step to fix the problem
dest1
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 6 of 12

The service center I went to only fixes business computers I assume. Lenovo needs to update their service center locations because of all the places that I've seen, they either received 1 star reviews/were ripoffs, only services a certain type of Lenovo computer, or don't exist anymore. 

zypper2002
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 689
Message 7 of 12

I already fixed my problem..the problem was the ati chips or ic..try ti reflow the ati chips or ic..use the hot air blow gun that the celphone technician use.i did it with my laptop and now it is working well
dest1
Paper Tape
Views: 674
Message 8 of 12

Hm, alright. I feel that I don't have the knowledge to properly open up the laptop and apply a heat gun to it. I would probably make the problem worse/void the warranty. I might just send it in.

zypper2002
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 667
Message 9 of 12

Yeah its better to send it first to the service center since it is under waranty..
But it works on my laptop
dest1
Paper Tape
Views: 654
Message 10 of 12

So I spoke to a customer service technician earlier today and apparently I just needed to do OneKey Recovery. I had to completely start over (did a clean install) but that solved the problem. Does that means something I installed affected my computer's performance? Weird.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors