Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hanginghelmet
Paper Tape
Views: 1,120
Message 1 of 8

Z580 Touchpad Problems!!!

I just purchased a Z580 from Staples and this Touchpad is horrible!!!  The pointer freezes constantly and the charm screen is always pooping up when I am moving the pointer. I have searched this forum and others and have found other people having the same issues. I have tried uninstalling the Synaptics software and reinstalling but it does the same the things after reboot!!!  I have seen other posts saying to disable the edge scroll .. control panel / hardware and sound / mouse / device settings / settings / edge swipe -- and disable "enable edge swipes..but the edge swipe option does not show up.  My daughter absolutely hates this touchpad and now I am afraid I'm going to have to return this computer....anyone with any suggestions??  Thanks in advance!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,093
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z580 Touchpad Problems!!!

hi hanginghelmet,

Your issue might be similar to this thread.

Cah you try to:

1. Uninstall the current Touchpad driver from the Control Panel (large icon view) and reboot.

2. Download and install the newest Synaptics Touchpad driver from the Synaptics Website or from the lenovo website.and reboot

3. Adjust the Palm / Touch ensitivity and EdgeMotion / Edge Swipe under the Synaptics touchpad settings.

If you get the same problem, check this article on how to disable the charms bar from being accessed through the mouse pointer.

Let me know your findings.

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

hanginghelmet
Paper Tape
Views: 1,082
Message 3 of 8

I did the uninstall and then tried to download the drivers from the Synaptics website but the installation failed.  I then downloaded from the Lenovo website and I still have the same problem,  I really don't want to have to disable the charms as it is a nice feature of Windows 8 and I don't feel I should have to if the touchpad worked right in the first place. My wife has a Toshiba running Windows 8 and she has no problems.  Is Lenovo working on a fix for this? Thanks for taking the time to answer!!

lucid
Punch Card
Views: 1,065
Message 4 of 8

same issue here my friend is now downgrading to windows 7 where harmony may be restored

hanginghelmet
Paper Tape
Views: 1,059
Message 5 of 8

Well that sucks we shouldn't have to downgrade to Windows 7 in order to get the touchpad to work properly...my wife's Windows 8 laptop touchpad works perfectly....I don't understand why this issue isn't being addressed with an updated driver
yayayo
What's DOS?
Views: 971
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

I recently bought a z580 and I have exactly the same problem as you. I really like this laptop and I believe it's a lenovo best-seller but this touchpad malfunction needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise I will ask for a refund and I'll buy an acer v3 instead.

Joao

lucid
Punch Card
Views: 967
Message 7 of 8

The issue still exists after down grading to windows 7 both with the driver offered by lenovo as well as the newer latest one from synaptics.

Blerten
What's DOS?
Views: 883
Message 8 of 8

Wow, a registry hack? Really? How about a fix to the trackpad problems so many are having? Or adding the driver that shows the 'disable edge swipes' for the Z580 so we can enjoy our laptops without having to plug in a keyboard and mouse? Please??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors