Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YamiMugen
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 1 of 2

Z580 Touchpad totally NOT working

Hi, I've look for some posts searching for a fix, but I have not find the solution for this. (I'm spanish, so I'll try my best for translate the windows error as accurate as I can... sorry if I make some mistakes)

I've formatted my Z580 and reinstalled Windows 8.1 Pro. Everything fine:

-Downloaded drivers (wifi, card reader, bluetooth, hd camera...)

-Updated windows...

Everything was working fine, but suddenly my touchpad gestures stopped working, and only was working normal clicks. 

I went to Control Panel -> Mouse for look which drivers was installed, and windows error suddenly appear: "Windows can not conect to Synaptics device, please delete the driver... bla bla bla." I deleted it and reinstalled again, but the error still remain. I tried to update by Control Panel -> Mouse -> Update Device and suddenly my mouse dissapeared of the screen and stop working the mouse, no moving, no clicks and not showing the pointer. So I plug and USB mouse and everything ok, but I want my touchpad back with the gestures working Smiley Sad at leat working normal.

¿What can I do? I've tried a lot of things but nothing worked properly :/ 

Note: I've no restoring partition cuz I installed an SSD, so I can not backup to factory status. 

Thanks for all of you! Smiley Happy

Mod's Comment:  Please be advised that bumping your post is only allowed after 3 days.  Any bumps sooner will
                be removed as they unfairly move new postings farther down the list.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 80
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z580 Touchpad totally NOT working

Try to install the chipset driver and imei driver if applicable. Go to device manager and try to delete the touchpad driver. If presented with a delete option select ok. Shut down and remove your usb mouse to avoid the system installing the driver for it. Start the unit and examine what is installed in the device manager for your touchpad. Try installing the correct touchpad driver.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors