Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-22-2013

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

12 Signins

87 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 3

Z580 - Windows 10

2018-01-30, 10:44 AM

Hi

I have runinto a few problems trying to update to Windows 10, I think becuase I did not do a clean install.

Has anyone sucessfully updated from clean install via USB, and is there anything I need to look out for, e.g driver etc.

Thanks

Answer
Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Views: 749810

Re: Z580 - Windows 10

2018-01-31, 15:31 PM

Hi Bat71

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Based on the release WIndows 10 guideline, Z580 models include hardware components not fully compatible with Windows 10. Therefore, upgrading these models to Windows 10 is not recommended.

Further noted on the documentation:

"After upgrading to Windows 10, you may find some features of the previous version of Windows are unavailable on Windows; or some functions do not behave as it did on the previous version of Windows. THESE DIFFERENCES MAY NOT BE ISSUES."

There are reported cases that work ok and others with issues with the hardwares and drivers as described here and here. It is therefore advised to back up your files and check your option going back to the recommended Windows version just in case.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Views: 749810
  • Message 2 of 3

2018-01-31, 15:31 PM

Hi Bat71

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Based on the release WIndows 10 guideline, Z580 models include hardware components not fully compatible with Windows 10. Therefore, upgrading these models to Windows 10 is not recommended.

Further noted on the documentation:

"After upgrading to Windows 10, you may find some features of the previous version of Windows are unavailable on Windows; or some functions do not behave as it did on the previous version of Windows. THESE DIFFERENCES MAY NOT BE ISSUES."

There are reported cases that work ok and others with issues with the hardwares and drivers as described here and here. It is therefore advised to back up your files and check your option going back to the recommended Windows version just in case.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

04-22-2013

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

12 Signins

87 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 87
  • Message 3 of 3

2018-01-31, 15:35 PM
Thanks, have decided to keep this at Windows 7. Was having the bluetooth issues and was really sluggish when I tried the upgrade
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms