cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boardunit
Paper Tape
Views: 1,031
Message 1 of 4

[Z580] a question about downgrading my bios ?

the titel said it all, i have updated my bios yesterday from the lenovo site and now my computer does not start in normal mode but always in safe mode 

i have a ideapad z580

Moderator comment: Subject and post edited for visibility.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 991
Message 2 of 4

Re: [Z580] a question about downgrading my bios ?

I doubt downgrading the BIOS is possible.  Unlike other computer manufacturers, Lenovo does not have older BIOS versions available for download. 

My best guess is your installed copy of Windows isn't liking your newer BIOS version.  If it were me, my next step would be to back up any important data and do a One Key Recovery.  A fresh install of Windows should correct any conflicts between Windows and the new BIOS. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

ferry83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 983
Message 3 of 4

What OS are you using?

Also call Lenovo for a older bios, they shoul get it, in your current bios you can set the option to be able to install a older version. 

But a BIOS update from lenovo is the worst you could ever do Smiley Tongue 

In general anything from Lenovo makes the problem worse... no problem -> update -> problem

boardunit
Paper Tape
Views: 959
Message 4 of 4

sorry for the late replay, the problem was that for some reason all my drivers were uninstalled. as for the bios, i disabled secure boot and set it to boot in legacy mode so i have no problems there. i will upgrade my hardware in a week or so with 2 ssd drives so the problem with the drivers will also be over by then because i have to reinstal windows 7 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors