cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BolloTheGorilla
What's DOS?
Views: 3,474
Message 1 of 6

Z580 complete lack of energy management on windows 8?

I have just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Z580, this is the first time I have ever opted for a Lenovo product after recommendations from a friend. She had said she particularly liked how quiet the fan was and the fact it had a 'dedusting' mode, I looked online about this and numerous places suggest this model comes with an energy management app but I cannot find it anywhere on this laptop. My friends z580 is a windows 7 version, could anyone in the know let me know if the energy management 'app' specific to windows 7?

Also, I have a little button on my keyboard with an image of a moon and a star which fires up the fan up but there are no on-screen options.

Thanks in anticipation for any feedback

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,437
Message 2 of 6

Re: Z580 complete lack of energy management on windows 8?

Hi
The moon and star button is for thermal management or fan control. To solve the osd problem, you could reinstall energy management. However i strongly suggest you use the windows 7 version as there are less chanced for it to work.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
TheSpark
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,381
Message 3 of 6

My Z580 with Windows 8 also does not have the on-screen Thermal Management program.  I only have the fan running loud or dusting mode available when I push the moon/star button.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Energy Management driver, I have reinstalled it in several different compatability modes, and have tried installing the Windows 7 versions.  Although when I install the WIndows 7 version I can see the Thermal Managemet on-screen with different speeds available...it doesn't change the speeds.  

This needs solved as I'm getting angry quickly.

Arch-Omari
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,321
Message 4 of 6

I have same problem ....... but i can switch between normal and dedusting modes with the thermal management touch button but also without seeing the options on screen

also if i open the power management software ..... there is only the dust-removal option can be on or of 
but the other options ( super silent , and Efficeint thermal dissipation ) are not there 

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,306
Message 5 of 6

Well, HI again
Please installl the windows 7 version of lenovo energy management from support site.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Arch-Omari
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,292
Message 6 of 6

Thank you ishaan Very much ....... it is working perfectly now

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors