Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 234
Message 1 of 2

Z580: cost to repair casing damage

I dropped my laptop (by accident) today on cement and got a couple of small dents on the side. The laptop still works, and doesn't seem to be having any issues with running aside from the fact that I can no longer close the laptop all the way to trigger sleep mode (sure, I can do that manually, but I'm too lazy for that!). Plus the dents are quite unsightly to a guy like me who's geeky enough to give his computers names ;-) What I'm wandering is, since I don't have accidental damage protection, how much would it cost to repair these? An additional concern: I already needed to have it repaired, and when it came back, the memory card reader wasn't working. This is pretty minor since I have an external card reader (hence why I've been slacking on sending it back), but the trouble is that the dent is right next to the built-in reader: will Lenovo push this on me to pay for, or will this go under warranty like it should? And the biggest concern (aside from the cost to repair): I have installed Linux on my hard disk TWICE since Lenovo had decided to reinstall Windows the first time I sent it in. Lenovo did not have my permission to do that, and they did not ask at any point if that was okay. I don't care that it is *mostly* a Windows world: I want to use what works, and Linux does *not* void the warranty. So: Will Lenovo try that again?
--
The Piki Geeker
Piki
Fanfold Paper
Views: 233
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z580: cost to repair casing damage

This forum needs fixing: that should be three separate paragraphs (I did do two hard returns between each).
--
The Piki Geeker

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors