Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mihir0077
Paper Tape
Views: 12,829
Message 1 of 40

Z580 hinge Problem

Hello Lenovo,
I'm a very unhappy customer who always had good experiences with Dell or HP. This is the first time I bought Lenovo laptop. After 8 months the hinge stopped working and started to lift the plastic of the case. I called the support and they told me it is covered on warranty and replace the parts/ repair and I should have it back 7 days after they receive it in the repair shop. Of course no-one called me with the status - I called twice - first time they could not receive the parts and the second time they said that parts are not available . i have already suffer from 45 days .they said me that parts will be available within 2 week's ...i am very unhappy with lenovo service..
Please help
Thank you
machine serial no:-QBxxxxxxxx
my complain number is 8001000395
new complain number is 7005272457

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

mihir0077
Paper Tape
Views: 12,695
Message 2 of 40

Re: Z5780 hinge Problem

plz help asap
Bijoy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 12,649
Message 3 of 40

Re: Z580 hinge Problem

I am facing the exact same problem. Looks like this is a recurrent problem with Lenovo Ideapad laptops. I had registered my service request on 20th May 2013 and was told by tech support that it would be attended to within 48 hours. I waited for one whole week and got no response from Lenovo. On follwing up with Lenovo service today I was informed that it will take 1 more month since the parts are not avialable in India and have to be imported from China! Did not expect such shoddy service from Lenovo.

akshaykumardtu
What's DOS?
Views: 12,589
Message 4 of 40

today 11june2013 6 pm

Guys one more here

hi, i am facing exactly the same problem here. one day all of sudden i found that laptop lid wasnt closing properly. on inspection i found it the RIGHT HINGE was broken internally (u can guess it seeing). so i called the lenovo service center and they asked me for pics which i sent them immediately.

they told it would be on 25th june 2013 (nearly one month after my complain) that service person will come with the body parts(and not the full body i wonder why (maybe we can have this issue again on Left Hinge)) Also it was two times that i called.

complain no. 7005312307 (second complaint)

cant remember first complaint number

Any how since then the laptop is useless because hinge doesnt allow opening and closing of lid properly

So around 40,000 rupees i spent on this laptop are of no use. The laptop being new doesnt seems to be.( i bought 2-3 months back and only started using now only for college project)

all this is annoying

So as a penalty of delaying the replacement of the body parts by one month due to "import from china or whatever" LENOVO SHOULD REPLACE THE ENTIRE BODY ONCE SO THAT I AND MY 'Z580 hinge problem colleagues' DONT FACE IT AGAIN WITH THE LEFT (SECOND) HINGE.

ELSE I WOULD COMPLAIN TO THE CONSUMER COURT ONLY BECAUSE OF LENOVO'S DELAY IN REPLACING BODY PARTS

THE REASON BEING

1 YOUR DELAY IN REPLACING THE BODY PARTS

2 BODY, WHICH, DAY BY DAY IS GETTING AFFECTED BEACAUSE OF THE DEFECTIVE HINGE

(IT MAKES ME FEEL AS IF BOUGHT SECOND HAND LAPTOP FOR PRICE OF NEW)

ferdin08
Token Ring
Views: 12,547
Message 5 of 40

Yesterday only I noticed on my laptop....oh sad Smiley Sad

this going to happen for me too Smiley Sad

for me it appears on the top right near to the Charger plugin..!!

lets see what is going to happen

Rohit_z580
What's DOS?
Views: 12,495
Message 6 of 40

I too have the same problem.. I talked with the Manger  twice and he told me the same thing (no availability of parts in India). This is the worst service of LENOVO. Nobody has even replied to our problems in this forum. I think we should really go to the COnsumer Forum , so that we can have our service delivered, asap..

manoj2013
Paper Tape
Views: 12,294
Message 7 of 40

I brought Lenevo Z580, 6 months back,, since 4 days i am having the hinge problem which is being experience by many users, what shoud i do inorder to fix it up...

arun62
Paper Tape
Views: 11,925
Message 8 of 40

Well I have U410 and it has same problem of hinge and alignment problem. My bad luck that the warranty just expired few days back.

I guess it has something to do with the poor hinge quality. I have used HP, DELL, Sony and never had this problem. The hinges last beyond the useful life of laptops.

mourya
Paper Tape
Views: 11,691
Message 9 of 40

same problem for me also just happened yesterday ,initially i didnt understand what happened just crossed one year one day and i have this problem i contacted lenovo service center thay said your laptop not in warrenty and that to if u have warrenty also we cant replce because it is physical damage or mishandling.

I am totally frustated with this lenovo I will never ever again choose LENOVO.you dont know guys this is my first gift from my dads in my lifetime cried for one day.

arun62
Paper Tape
Views: 11,673
Message 10 of 40

I had this problem again in less than one month. This time right side of hinge. I got the left side repaired just 20 days back. Right now, it has gone for repair. Would post when it comes back. there is no problem with hardware but the body appears to be weak and when the hinge breaks, there is misalignment and the display screen comes out. Lonovo...R u listening. 

Plz do something before it gets bad and plz get our laptops - the hinge part replaced inspite of warranty expiry.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors