Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grizlibearr
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 1 of 2

Z580 system restoring with MSDNAA

Hey all,

I bought my lenovo z580 in 2012 without software. I installed windows 7 which I received from my college (MSDNAA). I also made some partition - C: 50 GB for the system, E: 250 GB, F: 200 GB). After that I installed drivers from lenovo site and did backup of my system (using one key recovery? I dont remember). I have a "Recovery System"  folder on my partition E ( over 8GB) with files backup.000 to backup.027, and backup.wsi, backup0000.dsi, backupinfo.oki.

Now, after couple of years, I want to do some fresh start, so I m thinking about going back to the almost pure state. Ive heard that I cant reinstall my windows 7 cuz of version MSDNAA - I can only restore it. WHat is ur recomendation, if I want to delete everything from my HDD and have just installed system without a garbage - can I use in some way this Recovery system folder?

Thanks!

razrsharp11
Paper Tape
Views: 112
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z580 system restoring with MSDNAA

ya i  plan to do the same. i own a z580 with windows 7 preinstalled. i had created factory default recovery dvd in the first place. now i am planning to restore the entire backup on a new hard drive.

my scenario

my dvd drive does not work at all

my originall 500gb hdd crashed , bought a new one, blank, installed.

i have total 3 recovery dvd

i searched the web and and able to restore the novo button with okr engineering edition

i can read the dvd with desktop dvd drive . it contains backup.000 till backup.037 with other boot files and info files.

how do i restore my backup to lenovo hidden partition ? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors