Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bekcan21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,279
Message 1 of 8

Z580 thermal management stuck on dedusting. Need Help ASAP

I have a lenovo z580 ideapad laptop and couple days ago thermal management button stuck on dedusting. I restarted my laptop couple of times and re-installed energy management but there is no difference, problem doesn't solved. I look previously opened topics to find solutions to similar that problem and i can' t seem to find any solutions. Please someone help me with this problem.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,256
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z580 thermal management stuck on dedusting. Need Help ASAP

Welcome to the forum !

Here is a couple of suggestions...........

Try doing a soft reset of the system and BIOS.  Shut Windows down, unplug the power adapter, remove the battery and then press the Power Button for 10 seconds.  Then reinstall the battery, plug in the power adapter if needed and power up the laptop to see if the problem is cured.

I would also tap the Thermal Management Button several times.  Quite possible the button is stuck.   

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

bekcan21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,246
Message 3 of 8

1- When i push the button i can see the options but it doesn' t changes.
2- i' ve done soft reset (multiple times) before. same it doesn' t changes.
3- Couple days ago i updated the bios but it doesn't helped either.
4- I tried the 10 second method it doesn't helped either.

5- I tried to tapping the Thermal Management Button several times way before and like i sad i can see the options but i am not able to change it.
So thank you for your help. But still need help about this situation ASAP

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,235
Message 4 of 8

If you go into the BIOS Setup at boot up does the fan still run at dedusting speed ? 

If it does, I suspect it is an internal hardware problem.

If it doesn't, then your problem more than likely lies with-in the operating system.  When you re-installed the Energy Management software did you uninstall the previous version first or did you re-install over the already installed version ?  If you installed over the previous version, try uninstalling first then reboot the computer and then re-install the software. 

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

bekcan21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,218
Message 5 of 8

I tried everything you suggested and still bad news. After 10 seconds method fan dedusting speed is gone but it still stuck on dedusting option and i can't change to normal or quiet mode or another mode. Thanks again but i still need help.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,211
Message 6 of 8

In regards to my previous suggestion....... did the fan return to normal speed when in the BIOS Setup ?

If you have a bootable CD/DVD available try booting from that to see if the fan runs normal. 

If the fan runs normal with those two suggestions above then I would suspect the operating system is at fault.  Given all that you have tried with uninstalling and reinstalling Energy Management I would be inclined to do a One Key Recovery after backing up any important files.  The recovery would restore the computer back to when you first received it and eliminate any possibility of your problem being software related. 

bekcan21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,204
Message 7 of 8

I tried deleting all the lenovo softwares and re-installing all but nothing has changed.
Fan speed returned to normal speed but options are stuck. I don't have bootable cd/dvd, i never had. If i do recovery or format and it still won't work i can easily understand that problem is related to hardware or the other ways around. I can't do any recovery process right now.

eugeniusz
What's DOS?
Views: 960
Message 8 of 8

I also having huge problem with dedusting systems. Unfortunately I was not able to fix myself the problem and i need to go to service. Now I am waiting for news. How are you?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors