Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamchris
Paper Tape
Views: 1,066
Message 1 of 2

Z580 touchpad and keyboard issues

Lenovo Ideapad Z580 for about 2 weeks ago and whilst I really like it there are a few problems with it.

Certain keys on the keyboard only work intermittently, namely the 'a' the 'o' and the 'e' and occasionally other keys too. This makes typing a real problem as I have to continually keep going back to correct things. I'm a proficient typist and haven't experienced this type of problem before on any other machine.

Also the touchpad is so sensitive it keeps activating icons when it passes over them without any need to click. It jumps the pointer to another part of the document and sets off on it's own journey without any input from me!

It also keeps swiping in the charms bar then the Start window when I'm in the middle of working – REALLY annoying!

Any ideas please?

I don't want to have to take it back as 'not fit for purpose' if it's just a simple thing to correct.

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,032
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z580 touchpad and keyboard issues

hi hamchris,

Welcome to the Forums.

Regarding the issues that you're experiencing:

1. Try to boot in Safe Mode and observe if the keys on the keyboard only work intermittently

- if it is, there's most likely a problem with the keyboard and you need to send it for service).

- if all of the keys work ok, perform a clean boot and observe it in normal mode

2. The touch sensitivity is probably activating the double tapping feature, try to adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad by navigating to Control Panel (large icon view) > Mouse

For Synaptics Touchpad:

Spoiler
Synaptics4.jpg

For ELAN Touchpad:

Spoiler
ELAN.jpg

3. The Edge Swipe gesture is most likely trigerring the charms bar, check this thread on how to turn off the touchpad gestures.

Hope this helps 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors