08-15-2013 11:38 AM
Lenovo Ideapad Z580 for about 2 weeks ago and whilst I really like it there are a few problems with it.
Certain keys on the keyboard only work intermittently, namely the 'a' the 'o' and the 'e' and occasionally other keys too. This makes typing a real problem as I have to continually keep going back to correct things. I'm a proficient typist and haven't experienced this type of problem before on any other machine.
Also the touchpad is so sensitive it keeps activating icons when it passes over them without any need to click. It jumps the pointer to another part of the document and sets off on it's own journey without any input from me!
It also keeps swiping in the charms bar then the Start window when I'm in the middle of working – REALLY annoying!
Any ideas please?
I don't want to have to take it back as 'not fit for purpose' if it's just a simple thing to correct.
08-16-2013 02:40 PM
Welcome to the Forums.
Regarding the issues that you're experiencing:
1. Try to boot in Safe Mode and observe if the keys on the keyboard only work intermittently
- if it is, there's most likely a problem with the keyboard and you need to send it for service).
- if all of the keys work ok, perform a clean boot and observe it in normal mode
2. The touch sensitivity is probably activating the double tapping feature, try to adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad by navigating to Control Panel (large icon view) > Mouse
For Synaptics Touchpad:
For ELAN Touchpad:
3. The Edge Swipe gesture is most likely trigerring the charms bar, check this thread on how to turn off the touchpad gestures.
Hope this helps