Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cr0cks_
Paper Tape
Views: 8,382
Message 1 of 32

Z580 touchpad issues

Hi,

So I bought a Z580 Ideapad a few days ago, and i'm loving it except for one thing thats bugging me. The touchpad. It doesn't feel like it has any flow or as if I have full control. It randomly scrolls and I don't even know how i'm doing it, doesn't move the cursor exactly where I want it to go, occasionally remains unresponive for about a second, and then sometimes jumps around, and i've also noticed I can't move the cursor if i'm pressing a key.

I've been reading about a few issues with the Snaptics touchpad but they range from not working at all, to compatibilty issues regarding Windows 8 and gestures. I've also come across a few driver downloads, but they either do nothing, or the cautious side of me doesn't trust them because they're unheard of.

In addition, i've read that Win 8 ( which is what i'm using) is new so these problems might be fixed in time.

It frustrates me that I love the laptop but the touchpad is driving me insane! I don't really care for the gestures for zooming, rotating or whatever, I just want the basic touchpad to actually work. Is their any solution to this, or is this just how the touchpad is?

Thanks!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,348
Message 2 of 32

Re: Z580 touchpad issues

Try this driver
http://driverdl.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/DriverFilesUploadFloder/35835/Win8_TouchPad.exe
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
cr0cks_
Paper Tape
Views: 8,339
Message 3 of 32

Thanks, but i'm not sure what i'm suppose to be doing now i've downladed it because no writing appears, only question marks everywhere. I'm assuming this is the drive I saw from a chinese site, so I have no idea what i'm reading or how to install it

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,338
Message 4 of 32

Follow this

Right click the setup and click extract files. You will have to install winrar for this.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/15123i30014AA5001AC6B1/image-size/original?v=m...

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
cr0cks_
Paper Tape
Views: 8,322
Message 5 of 32

Awesome, thanks so much for your help, much appreciated!!

bumpnjump
What's DOS?
Views: 8,071
Message 6 of 32

So it seems to be a common complaint on here...anyone have any luck making their Touchpad work perfectly?  It is really annoying, one handed left clicking and scrolling doesnt work half the time, if I am on a page and do a single downstroke and then want to keep moving so need to do a second downstroke, the arrow doesnt move unless I go sideways first.  The charms keep popping up if I do a quick right-left movement, even if the cursor is in the middle of the screen.  In general, my 5 year old dell's touchpad is 10X better than this thing.

I tried the new driver from the chinese site mentioned on here and also the driver from synaptics website as well. 

What to do next?  I might need to return this computer if I cannot make it work better!

Computer is a Z580 with Windows 8 and a Synaptics Clickpad V8.1.

Moderator Note; subject edited, post merged in

prayers
Paper Tape
Views: 7,985
Message 7 of 32

I'm having similar issues as bumpnjump with this truly awful touchpad. Half the time I try swiping down, regardless what program I'm using, the cursor does not move, and I have to change directions to get it going. Extremely annoying.

I also find the charms popping up randomly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with most recent drivers from Synaptics and lenovo sites, with no improvement. With no fix, I too will likely return this otherwise satisfactory laptop

It also would have been nice if there was a middle click, but that's a different story.
gott2go
Serial Port
Views: 7,961
Message 8 of 32

not sure if this is your issue, but once i turned off the edge swipe functionality, my enjoyment of windows 8 increased 100 fold.......go to control panel / hardware and sound / mouse / device settings / settings / edge swipe -- and disable "enable edge swipes" - this stops the maddening changes to the window and the opening of the side charms (every time you scroll on a web page, your context changes if you don't do this...very frustrating!
prayers
Paper Tape
Views: 7,939
Message 9 of 32

Many thanks, gott2go, disabling edge swipes did the trick. Hopefully Synaptic's future driver updates will address this issue.
gott2go
Serial Port
Views: 7,926
Message 10 of 32

cool...i would go so far as to say windows 8 is unusable on a touchpad with edge swipe enabled (well, at least surfing the web).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors