cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffshead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,110
Message 11 of 17

Re: Y580 Touchpad Problem with Windows 8 - Charms Opens Inappropriately When Moving Mouse R to L

Here's what I have:

Link to image

Where is the Edge Swipe setting supposed to be?

I even reinstalled the driver but it made no difference.

Moderator comment: Image(s) >50KB (or totaling >50KB) converted to link(s). Community Rules.

CyberBeaR
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,093
Message 12 of 17

Re: Y580 Touchpad Problem with Windows 8 - Charms Opens Inappropriately When Moving Mouse R to L

Jeffshead,

Apparently you don't have that option on your software. Here's my snap:

My version is 16.2.10.13 27Aug12

jeffshead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,062
Message 13 of 17

Presumably my laptop came with a newer driver. Did unchecking Edge Swipes really fix the issue? I'm ready to return the laptop.

Another annoyance is the fact that when I click the left touchpad button, it often opens the context menu as if I used the right button. The same thing happens for the right button. It does this quite often and my finger is not even close to the center or the other button when this happens.

I don't know if it's the driver or the touchpad. I wish I would have seen this computer in person before I ordered it. I really dislike this touchpad because the buttons are part of the touchpad itself.

hanginghelmet
Paper Tape
Views: 1,031
Message 14 of 17

Re: Z580 touchpad - opens Charms bar every now & then

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?..I purchased this laptop yesterday and an having the same problem with my touchpad...I don't have the edge swipe option in my settings either as I too have the newest version of the software....I'm about ready to return this to Staples!
Azanath
What's DOS?
Views: 816
Message 15 of 17

Re: Z580 touchpad - opens Charms bar every now & then

Hi,

I think i've founded a way to fix this problem. Download and instal the latest version of the synaptic drivers from http://www.synaptics.com/ and then you shuld find option to turn off this horrible charm bar Smiley Happy

Link to picture

I dont know what is name of this funcion in english (probably edge swype or something) Smiley Happy

Greetings

Azi

P.S. Sorry for my english :<

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

milehighjoe
What's DOS?
Views: 571
Message 16 of 17

I've installed the most recent drivers, but I do not have this "Edge Swipe" option on Lenovo 580/Windows 8.

jeffshead
Fanfold Paper
Views: 567
Message 17 of 17

You did not say where you downloaded the driver from. Did you download it from the Lenovo site? If you did, that driver is not going to have the options you need. You need to download the driver from the Synaptics website.

I still HATE this laptop. The worst touchpad I've ever used!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors