Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeusiv
Paper Tape
Views: 1,648
Message 1 of 7

Z580 windows 8 WIFI, BT

before I had win7. But I switched on win8 I can not turn on wifi or BT.
and I do not have to turn it magager WiFI and BT. lenovo does not have a driver for it

Woltanac
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,622
Message 2 of 7

Re: Z580 windows 8 WIFI, BT

You must install the Windows 7 version of Lenovo Energy Manager for wifi or bluetooth to work.  The Windows 8 version does not allow you to use fn+f5.  Once you install the Windows 7 version, you can push fn+f5 and activate wifi or bluetooth.  There will be compatibility warnings, but it is the only way to turn on wifi and bluetooth at this time.  Do not reinstall the Windows 8 version until Lenovo updates the software, because you will eventually lose wifi or bluetooth again. 

Also, you may need to use a program like Universal Extractor for the install files to extract properly.

I hope this helps.  It took me lots of searching to find someone who figured this out.

Alelanza
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,607
Message 3 of 7

OK i have the same issue, and crazy me i installed the win8 driver on win8, i should have known better Smiley Happy

Anyways i'll try this when i get home, thanks!

ferdin08
Token Ring
Views: 1,604
Message 4 of 7

Install every software from here.....uninstall evrything you did..download from here and install.....its LENOVO CHINA WEBSITE......USE IT VIA GOOGLE CHROME......

http://support1.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Driverdownload.aspx?SearchType=1&LogicType=0&Machin...

imregle
Paper Tape
Views: 1,584
Message 5 of 7

I installed the drivers from tht chinese website.. but yet again the bluetooth doesnt work.. its still greyed out.. also the wimax and the wireless display driver doesnt work... and the intel management engine interface driver does not install.

ferdin08
Token Ring
Views: 1,576
Message 6 of 7

did you made clean install? od win 8
Branatheesh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,352
Message 7 of 7

yeah !!! i also did a clean install...