Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sika95
What's DOS?
Views: 438
Message 1 of 2

Z580 with windows 8: very poor battery life

Hi,

I have a Z580 ideapad (i3), since I upgraded my computer with windows 8 pro, the battery life is about 2 hours only:  Power saver mode + brightness 50% + Nvidia card is off (instead of + than 4h  with Win 7). And since that time, the fan is always on and the fan control button is not working.

All the driver are up to date, i have the last "lenovo battery manager" installed. Do you know if a fix or a bios update is available for this computer? 

Thanks in advance!

JC

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 421
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z580 with windows 8: very poor battery life

Hi sika95
Actually the lenovo battery manager of windows 8 is bugged and doesn't allow some features to work. This is being discussed here
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Z570-Lenovo-Energy-Management-for-Windows-8...
The temporary fix is to use the windows 7 lenovo power manager. You can download it from the driver page.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Top Kudoed Authors