dmb272
Paper Tape
Views: 4,692
Message 1 of 8

Z585 Boot fail / One key Recovery Fail

Ideapad Z585 AMD A8-4500 1.9Ghz

AMD Radeon HD7640

Hi,

My 11 month old Ideapad failed to boot last night with error 'BL Initialize Library Error 0xc0000029'. Eventually a blue screen appeared saying that multiple start attempts had failed and the system needed repair.

As suggested I tried to use One key recovery but choosing restore to factory settings leads to self same failure.

Sadly I have misplaced the recovery disc I created during a house revamp so cannot try that route.  Is this a warrany return issue?

Thanks,

Dave

Guru
Views: 4,684
Message 2 of 8

Re: Z585 Boot fail / One key Recovery Fail

are you able to boot in to safety mode?

1.Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button Picture of Shut Down button, and then click Restart.
Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
dmb272
Paper Tape
Views: 4,680
Message 3 of 8

Hi, thanks for your reply,

No sadly cannot get anywhere near the Windows 8 OS. On power on just get a cycling black screen with the BL Initialize Library Error flashing up a top left corners of screen and the machine then tries again. Sometimes, after a few minutes,  I get the blue screen suggestign the One Key Recovery.  Can get to the BIOS settings OK but trying to restore the factory sessting from the Nano menu just leads to the same BL Init error.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,666
Message 4 of 8

@dmb272 wrote:

Hi, thanks for your reply,

No sadly cannot get anywhere near the Windows 8 OS. On power on just get a cycling black screen with the BL Initialize Library Error flashing up a top left corners of screen and the machine then tries again. Sometimes, after a few minutes,  I get the blue screen suggestign the One Key Recovery.  Can get to the BIOS settings OK but trying to restore the factory sessting from the Nano menu just leads to the same BL Init error.

Try removing your hdd and place/connect it to an adapter/enclosure. Access the hdd in another unit and begin doing diagnostic test. Test also for a possible infection.

dmb272
Paper Tape
Views: 4,664
Message 5 of 8

I'd go with that LenBlazer if it was out of the warranty period. Bit reluctant to jump in with a screwdriver so soon after purchase! Done lots of disc recovery in the past but don't enjoy that experience
Smiley Sad
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,655
Message 6 of 8

@dmb272 wrote:
I'd go with that LenBlazer if it was out of the warranty period. Bit reluctant to jump in with a screwdriver so soon after purchase! Done lots of disc recovery in the past but don't enjoy that experience
Smiley Sad

Well, if your thinking of warrantee coverage why not call Lenovo to verify?

dmb272
Paper Tape
Views: 4,648
Message 7 of 8

Waiting for a response from them correcting my warranty details as they think it's expired. Sent the proof of purchase to show less than a year old.

dmb272
Paper Tape
Views: 4,619
Message 8 of 8

Warranty corrected and so returning machine for repair. 

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors