Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 156
Message 1 of 2

Z70-80 Drive Updates in Windows Update

I see video drive updates for both Intels GPU and Nvidia in Windows updates listed. However, nothing in Lenovo updates at all for either subsystem. The current driver date is quite old as well posted at Lenovo downloads. 

This is with Win 8.1 64bit

Will they work? 

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 143
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z70-80 Drive Updates in Windows Update

hi tripplec,

The video drivers (Intel and Nvidia) should have no problem installing via Windows Update but I'm more concern about the switching function between the Intel and Nvidia as this unit automatically switch between the Intel GPU (for power saving) and Nvida GPU (for maximum performance).

If the drivers from Windows Updates are designed for units that uses switchable graphics / optimus technology then you shouldn't get any problems. Otherwise, you may need to rollback to the lenovo (customized) drivers for the functionality to work.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors