Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Novanak
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 1 of 3

Z70-80 HDMI out stopped working

Hi. A few weeks ago my Z70-80's HDMI port randomly stopped working, no intermittence, no warning, just stopped. It was fine in the morning, working as intended. I then had to run some errands so I shut my laptop down. I came back a few hours later tried to project to second screen but nothing. Thinking it was software and/or driver related I've tried everything from rolling back windows 10 to updating GPU drivers, even the chipset got an update.

Can a HDMI port just randomly stop working like that? VGA out is fine, just not the HDMI.

If anyone has any ideas I might be able to try....

Thanks all.

Novanak
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 2 of 3

Re: Z70-80 HDMI out stopped working

I'm sorry I should have included some of the other things I've tried, save wasting everyone's time. I've tried a different HDMI Cable, different TV, updated Windows 10, even joined the insider program in the hope a beta version of windows 10 might fix it. But n luck with anything. Strangely though my tv will detect a hdmi source but displays 'No signal' it's frustrating Smiley Sad
tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 265
Message 3 of 3

Re: Z70-80 HDMI out stopped working

I believe it switches to Optimus mode for Nvidia when in use.

Confirm which GPU is used via Nvidia Control panel. You may not have working drivers and a Restart cold boot should be the first step before testing.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors