Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,365
Message 11 of 39

Re: unlock InsydeH20 hidden uefi Bios options

It does not matter what unit you have if you will not run the bios file. Just checking if that procedure provided by Neokenchi still works in new units.

So from the download site link for the Z70-80: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/z70-80, we have the only bios file abcn96ww.exe. And openning it in 7-Zip produces this snapshot of the files.

Extracted Z70_80 Bios file.JPG

So where is the platform.ini file that Neokenchi's link is talking about?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,369
Message 12 of 39

@lubeats wrote:

Great.

Tell me how can I get my InsydeH20 Bios from factory. Well, when I opened for first time my box of laptop. My current Bios is abcn96ww.exe Rev 5.0.

Is there a historial of version hidden maybe that you could send me?

Thanks in advanced.

hi,

When you said "how can I get my InsydeH20 Bios from factory.", do you mean you want to downgrade the backup BIOS (v95) in case you encounter problems on the newer one (v96) ?

I haven't tried doing a downgrade using Insyde flash but it should work by doing these steps:

1. In the platform.ini file, set the option below as stated in this article.

[Bios_Version_Check]
flag=0

2. Rename your backup BIOS to bios.fd or download the orignal abcn95ww.exe, extract it and use the bios.fd file there

3. Rename the ABCN96WW.fd into ABCN96WW.fd.old (or you can just delete it) and paste the old BIOS file or the original .fd file from the link from Step 2 and run the InsydeFlash utility and the BIOS should downgrade from v96 to v95.

BIOS changelogs: 

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/abcn95ww.txt

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/abcn96ww.txt

@LenBlazer

My bad it was not written in the guide above. If you run the BIOS flash utility, it will extract the BIOS file into the C:\BIOS\ABCN96WW folder. You can then use winrar, 7zip, etc. to extract the files and see the platform.ini inside.

Alternatively, you can use innounp (setup unpacker) and extract the BIOS file from the lenovo site to unpack the files then from here, you can then use winrar, 7zip, etc. and you will see the contents of the BIOS.

- Sample image

Edit:

Added links

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,362
Message 13 of 39

@Neokenchi,

So my understanding is that the bios file that contain platform.ini can only be found in the unit and not in the download site. I'm familiar with the procedure because I have done it in the past and can testify that it really work for my unit which is not a Z70-80. However, the bios file that I use can be obtain from the download site and I can see and edit the platform.ini using 7-Zip.

Just a suggestion  @lubeats: The link provided is a modding site and uses different programs to load/backup a modded bios back into the unit. Perhaps you can ask your questions to BDMaster, etc. regarding their procedures?

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 4,036
Message 14 of 39

Re: Z70-80 - unlock InsydeH20 hidden uefi Bios options

the pages do exist 

lubeats
Punch Card
Views: 4,033
Message 15 of 39

Hey bro, could you give me an another way to communicate us because maybe here I could be blocked like in another page only for say a special info. Please is urgent.

Thanks

PD. I have not efivars info. I tried it. I'm in linux ubuntu in this moment. Please answer to my email: luis.llaxa@gmail.com

lubeats
Punch Card
Views: 4,024
Message 16 of 39

Finally I could to open efivars folder from sys/firmware/efi/efivars. Now could you tell me what file should i open to modify?

I attach pictures of efivars folder with files inside.

01.png02.png03.png04.png

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 4,004
Message 17 of 39

ah so that is you, I am blocked too

lubeats
Punch Card
Views: 4,002
Message 18 of 39

oh yah your asusceleron jaja I didn't know. Well. Could you help me? Did You see my screenshots?

lubeats
Punch Card
Views: 3,993
Message 19 of 39

VirgoSun i waited your new video but nothing ...

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 3,978
Message 20 of 39

bad news, the wifi card is NGFF so no one sure if it work, have to pin tape some pins but dont know whichones. BT may not work if not supplied usb +-. also anten may not fit. advance tabs can not clear whitelist . have to flash a patched bios

update

Advance tab is only useful for DVMT and RAID (replace wifi by a 2nd m2 PCIe ssd stripse raid0)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors