Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greezley
Paper Tape
Views: 2,822
Message 31 of 39

Re: Z70-80 - unlock InsydeH20 hidden uefi Bios options

Hi guys.

Where can I find unlocked BIOS to flash on my laptop?

I have lenovo i310-15IKB. I think our BIOS should be similar.

lubeats
Punch Card
Views: 2,812
Message 32 of 39

Hi Bro. let me tell You that the one way to get a unlock BIOS unlocked is make it for yourself. First you need to get a SPI USB programmer EEPROM CH341A and visits BIOS-MOD to know how to do it. In my case i'm waiting for my USB programmer that arrive here to my country. Good luck.

Greezley
Paper Tape
Views: 2,805
Message 33 of 39

Thanks. I have person who can give me SPI programmer but I need find new BIOS to flash it into my laptop. Where can I download bin?
lubeats
Punch Card
Views: 2,796
Message 34 of 39

First. You need to take apart your laptop and identify your integrated chip in your mainboard that maybe could be like my BIOS Winbond WXXXXX and after that You should get the same replace chip just in case your original integrated chip could finish damaged. In my own case I bought many integrateds.

Second. You should get a Sop8 Flash Chip Ic Test Clips Socket Adpter to read your integrated chip if you don't want to desoldering it and save the original file BIOS.

Third. When You have the your original file BIOS in that moment you can modify it and after that, You can rewrite it again or write it in a new integrated chip without touch your original BIOS chip. You need to visit BIOS-MOD web to get more info.

I can't get modify my BIOS because I continue waiting to arrive my SPI programmer to my country, when I ordered it the first time it never arrived. I ordered a second time but in this case in other web site and I'm waiting for it yet. I hope in this last chance it arrive wihout problem. Imagine I waiting to do this process to modify my BIOS from january when I knew about all the process and now I want to put in practice.

Good luck. Comming soon my complete news about this adventure.

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 2,765
Message 35 of 39

Use your SPI programmer to extract the Bios, then head to Bios-mod to request a inlocked bios from it

Or if you just want to unlock the advance setting page, then use Linux to edit efivars to show the advance page

Greezley
Paper Tape
Views: 2,727
Message 36 of 39

is it really possible to unlock or set some another value with linux? I tried to change value with efi shell but I got error
"error: can't set variable using efi (error: 0x00000000000001a) "

I read many topics about this problem and I found that one way is flash unlocked bios instead current. If you have some worked manual how to change values through linux, please share, I would like to try.
lubeats
Punch Card
Views: 2,721
Message 37 of 39

Hey Bro, This week I'll receive my USB SPI Programmer finally, I'm waiting to that customs carry my order to home. And coming soon I think to prepare a special guide to do this process, always if everything works good. Wait for my next news.

Smiley Very Happy

virgosun
Token Ring
Views: 2,658
Message 38 of 39

I said EFIVARS not efi shell!

Check your google skill....

corhsin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,222
Message 39 of 39

Did you make any progress with this?  Looking to add in NVME support for a Skylake Ideacentre 700.  Is that similar?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors