Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidasaurus
What's DOS?
Views: 440
Message 1 of 2

Z70 USB 3.0 didnt recognize by bios

Hi!

My original hdd died a few weeks ago and i bought a external hdd with usb 3.0 compatibility (1 TB). I installed windows 10 in the usb hdd (full OS, not only the iso to boot installer). I can start and work the W10 from the external hdd but only from my usb 2.0 ports (after top it in the bios uefi boot list). If i change the hdd to the other usb 2.0, all works fine, but if i change to the usb 3.0 the bios didnt show it. When i initialize from the usb 2.0 i can work with the 3.0 without fails (any storage device, wifi amplifier, mouse). From another emergency SO usb boot (hiren) i checked that the new hdd works in the usb 3.0.

I need to know how to activate the boot option from the usb 3.0, and i want to suggest to change your bios politics to leave the final user to change everything in the product that they bought without need of a Computers PHd. and collect 300 shiny pokemons.

Thanks.

Lenovo z70

Intel i7-5500u 2.40hz

2 usb 2.0

1 usb 3.0

All windows drivers at day

Lenovo system bridge says that all drivers and bios are updated

Bios Insydeh2o 5.x

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 229
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z70 USB 3.0 didnt recognize by bios

Hi Sidasaurus!

Welcome to the Community,

Try installing the Chipset Driver directly from our support website,

https://support.lenovo.com/ (Enter Serial Number>Drivers and Software>Chipset)

Also, make sure Secure Boot under Security Tab in BIOS is disabled. You can follow the guide in the link below on how to access BIOS,

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht500216

After that, press Fn+F10 to exit saving changes.

Update us how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors