cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 10,013

Question

The funciton keys in my Lenovo ideaPad Z710 are causing very much inconvenience to me.

I can't play games or using Microsoft Office properly. Pressing F4 closes the window and even if I press the FN+F4 it still does it.

I tried the BIOS settings by enabled and disabled the hotkey mode but it does not help from closing a window.

What can I do?

Answer

The fix for this issue can be fixed with new BIOS version 7FCN90WW and above.

In April 2014, we recommended users to approach the nearest service centre for helping them to flash the latest BIOS by quoting the problem. The BIOS was not available in the public to avoid users mistakenly brick the machine if certain procedures are not followed.

Now, you can get the latest BIOS version 7FCN95WW from our support site:

BIOS UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 7 (32-BIT, 64-BIT), WINDOWS 8 (32-BIT, 64-BIT), WINDOWS 8.1 (32-BIT, 64-BIT)

If you are not confident to flash the BIOS yourself, please get help from our service centre.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
mrasmus

The bios update worked for me!

gracie4

when typing a bubble appears around / above letters,,this causes words to go backwards and mix up with other work  making conversation totally unreadable,,,,,,,has taken as many as 8 retypes to fix,,laptop is only 3 1/2 mths old

gracie4

when typing a bubble appears around / above letters,,this causes words to go backwards and mix up with other work  making conversation totally unreadable,,,,,,,has taken as many as 8 retypes to fix,,laptop is only 3 1/2 mths old,,

CD1

I have a z710 that seems to have a faulty battery.  Would it be costly to replace, since I've had it for a little over a year? 

z710

I have a z710 and can not submit Ctrl Break to MS Access to stop a run away process. What is the key combination tosend Ctrl Break?