Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billhorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 275
Message 1 of 10

Z710 No HDMI TV sound after changing TV mode from HDMI to TV then back to HDMI

Z710 md# 29250, P/N 59496328,  Nvida 745M graphics card.  Intel HD Graphics 4600

1TB SSHD replaced origional HD and fresh install of Windows 10.
NVIDIA PHX5X Systen Software  9.15.0428
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 355.98

HDMI video and sound works fine on TV until changing mode on TV then can get video back on TV but sound gets lost.  Right clicking on sound icon shows HDMI icon disappeared so unable to select it.

Please help I depend on HDMI.  If different driver needed please tell me how to do it.  I don't game so I can do without the NVIDIA.  If the NVIDIA card is the problem is there a way to shut it down and use Intel 4600?  Would that solve the problem?

Thanks

Billhorn

Billhorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 257
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z710 No HDMI TV sound after changing TV mode from HDMI to TV then back to HDMI

After playing with it some more Youtube audio and video doing fine through HDMI until I change TV mode off of HDMI then when I go back to HDMI no sound and the video has frozen.on TV screen And on the Z710 screen

I have noticed when surfing normally, without HDMI some videos imbeded in web pages freeze the Z710.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Billhorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 254
Message 3 of 10

Re: Z710 No HDMI TV sound after changing TV mode from HDMI to TV then back to HDMI

Also when plugging in HDMI all my fonts get smaller.  I previously increased my overall font to 150%.  Plugging in HDMI sets it back to very small icons, minus exc.  Probably even smaller than origional settings.

Something is really screwed up!

Billhorn.

zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 236
Message 4 of 10

I am guessing Smiley LOL
you are not duplicating your screen ,you just extend it ? am I right ?
search for project in start and check it out 

Highlighted
zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 235
Message 5 of 10

you know what mine is just like yours but thats browser problem 
videos from my laptop works just fine no problem

Billhorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 221
Message 6 of 10

zhiar thank you for the reply.  I was just connecting the HDMI and not using Project or duplicate just plugging in HDMI, which has worked for years on my old Dell Vista machine my friends HP win. 7 machine and my neighbors windows 7 machine.

Now using Project and duplicate as you suggested I do not lose the video on live ESPN just the sound when changing the TV mode then again selecting HDMI. 

On Youtube both video and sound freeze but clear up fine when I advance the bar to advance or go back in the video or refresh the video.

When using live ESPN and changing mode from HDMI to live TV then going back to HDMI and losing the sound in the TV right clicking on my sound icon it still has my Samsung selected for sound but sound is on the laptop and I cannot change it back to the Samsung unless I refresh the live video.  If I get mail the notification sound Does come through the TV but again not the video's sound.  I have tried using both Firefox and Chrome.

When you plug in HDMI does everything on your screen get smaller including mail all icons webpages exc?  Even when not playing a video just plugging in the HDMI?

Doesn't your Z710 work simply plugging in the HDMI?  Without selecting Project or duplicate?

Thank you

Billhorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 219
Message 7 of 10

I just turned off the TV then plugged in the HDMI into the Z710 and everything still changes, gets so small I can hardly read it.

zhiar
Token Ring
Views: 204
Message 8 of 10

when you do that
how is resolution in display setting?
have you tried another hdmi cable or checked if hdmi port is clean ?
also check intel graphic properties and see whats going on there both build in display and your TV.
and check if there is update for your intel graphic driver in device manage (left click on windows key and click on it)

Billhorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 189
Message 9 of 10

Tthank you Zhiar!  The first thing I did when I got the laptop was increased the display setting to 150 since my vision is not good.  I need the setting to stay at 150 when I use HDMI!  If you have time could you increase the Display setting on your Z710 to 150 then plug in an HDMI cable and see if it reduces the icons, print, everything, back to the 100 setting?  I am using Wind. 10 what are you using?  Thank you very much for your help.  I will see about the drivers this weekend. 

Billhorn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 186
Message 10 of 10

Yes the port is clean and I tried a different HDMI cable.  I don't have any problems with HDMI on otherf laptops using Vista or Wind. 7.  Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals