Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marjan2k
Paper Tape
Views: 1,973
Message 1 of 9

bootmgr is missing - y570

Hello,
I was making a new partition using windows disc management and changed my active partition by mistake.
Now the Lenovo splash screen comes for a split second before going into the bootmgr missing screen.
I tried pressing F2, F8 during the Lenovo splash screen but they don't get me to access the BIOS and it goes bootmgr screen again.the small Lenovo button becide the power button isn't working either (it was supposed to turn on the pc by itself right?)
Any quick solution to this problem? What if the boot order was set priority to HDD and I can't boot it with windows dvd anymore?
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,953
Message 2 of 9

Re: bootmgr is missing - y570

Hi
Which os are we talking about here? Windows 7 or windows 8? And does onekey recovery work?
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
marjan2k
Paper Tape
Views: 1,944
Message 3 of 9

It's Windows 7 and no the recovery button isn't doing anything either. I can't understand why I can't access the bios even....
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,937
Message 4 of 9

Hi
This might need a system repair disk since we should recover the installed os since you would have your data and programs. As i understand, you are not able access bios. Can you access the temporary boot menu by pressing f12 at lenovo screen? If you are not able to do so, then a usb install disk of windows 7 would have to be used.
Have a look at this article about the solution
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2622803
And, if needed, download the install disk from here
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/11/10/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ul...
And as for the bios, update the bios after the laptop starts to work.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
joemanbui
Paper Tape
Views: 1,834
Message 5 of 9

did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same problem. accidentally changed another partition to active. bootmgr shows. put my windows install disc in but bios does not let me do anything. it just shows for a brief second and goes to the screen. if you could share your solution that would be great!
marjan2k
Paper Tape
Views: 1,831
Message 6 of 9

Hi,
Yes I did solve the problem. The thing is I can't remember how exactly.
I had somehow made the laptop recognize the W7 disk and just used the repair option in it.

I vaguely remember I had disconnected the Hdd from the laptop completely, but I forgot the exact steps I took.

marjan2k
Paper Tape
Views: 1,828
Message 7 of 9

Everything was OK after the repair like nothing ever happened.

I remember having the disk on a USB drive too, but again I forgot what I actually did Smiley Sad

Try disconnecting the Hdd and see which device it tries to boot up
joemanbui
Paper Tape
Views: 1,809
Message 8 of 9

thank you for the reply!! that's what I was thinking of doing but sadly I don't have a screwdriver here in my dorm. I'll try that on the weekend and update you. thanks again!
joemanbui
Paper Tape
Views: 1,782
Message 9 of 9

That did the trick. For anyone having this problem, unscrew the cover from the bottom of the laptop, take out the hard drive and start up the computer with your windows disk in your dvd drive. It should boot from the disk now. Then shut off your laptop, reinsert hard drive, and the bios should respond to F12 for the boot menu again. From there, just use startup repair on the windows disk and you're good to go. Thanks a lot everyone!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors