Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-24-2012

New Jersey

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 1 of 2

dissapointed with lenovo Y580

2012-10-24, 18:55 PM

I ordered my laptop on September 21st, and on the date of the order, I remember clearly that the laptop came with a 32GB SSD. When I checked the website the week after my order, the specifications have been changed and the 32GB SSD wasn't included with the laptop anymore. But I ordered the product when it had the spec(32GB SSD) so I thought I would be getting it.

I received my laptop two days ago, on October 22nd (it took over a month), and it did NOT include the 32GB SSD. So I contacted the lenovo support first by online chat, and the online representative put me on hold and did not talk for over 2 hours eve though I asked, "hello?" "are you still here?"; I exited out of the chat. I called the Lenovo Customer Support and different representatives told me to call different numbers, which basically directed me to the same (wrong) departments.

Finally, today I was able to contact someone who was able to address my issue of not receiving the 32GB SSD. However, she said that she checked with some team (that I don't remember), and that the laptop does not include the SSD. And without a valid proof of the specs of my laptop, she cannot help me in any way. I told her that none of my emails included the specs of my laptop; it only included the model number, which brings me to the website with the updated specs. Which means, that she was asking for something that cannot be proved. She said she cannot help me in any way.

So I asked her about returning the product, and she asked her supervisor, and told me that I had to pay a 15% restocking fee because it has been 21 days since the shipping date. Now remember, I received the laptop TWO days ago.

Then I asked her how I can write a review or a feedback for my purchase (to inform the future buyers), and again, she asked her supervisor. She told me that the only way to write a review or a feedback is to write it to websales@lenovo.com. I asked "are you sure?" because I was browsing through the website and saw the review tab for the Y580(this tab). She answered with a solid yes. I told her that she wasn't telling the truth because I saw this review tab. She apologized and I confirmed with her that the representative of the Lenovo Support Team did not know how to guide a customer to write a review for the product, but not only that, her supervisor did not know about this review tab as well.

So they are now offering me a full refund for my product, and they said they will be sending me an email with the information within an hour, so let's see how that goes. But for the future Y580 buyers, be forewarned. Take a picture of the specs you are getting because Lenovo does not send you an email confirming your specs.

Overall, very slow shipping&handling, very very poor customer support, and no way to confirm the specs of an existing order (other than the website which may be varied at any time).

Options

7 Posts

09-12-2009

Canada

27 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: dissapointed with lenovo Y580

2012-10-25, 0:14 AM
They don't tell you the specs but they mention the model number such as 20993NU. Each model has its own set specs, you can't configure them your own way. Go look at your initial order email and see if they had a model number. If you Google that model number, yout will notice they all have the same specs, so in your case no ssd.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms