Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BahadırKoç
Paper Tape
Views: 99
Message 1 of 3

error the version of rom file is not newer than that of bios

I can use my fn keys normally but i cant shut down my microphone or camera with my fn keys .After few search on google i found it can be enable in configuration from bios page.Than i looked my configuration page and i did not find this HOTKEYS tittle than i checked other pages in bios and same for it ,did not find. And i searched on google than i found a solution which says to me update your bios . After that i checked my bios update release date. Its 4/12/2018 then i checked newest bios release date and i saw it was different to in my pc bios version on the lenovo page . Than i tried to update my bios with installing .exe from lenovo page. After i run that it says to me  the subject in this topic. Is it different problem than my beginning question which is important and critical? . I dont know what to do please help me

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 73
Message 2 of 3

Re: error the version of rom file is not newer than that of bios

Hi BahadırKoç,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please provide the exact model number of your laptop so we can further check the option that you're looking for is available in the BIOS. Because if this option is not available based on the BIOS of your laptop then there is no use of installing a different version. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

BahadırKoç
Paper Tape
Views: 9
Message 3 of 3

Re: error the version of rom file is not newer than that of bios

My laptop model exactly Lenovo Y520-15IKBN. As i said i looked correct links from the lenovo page than i downloaded newest version of bios for my model. but its different from my version and error said me your install process stopped cause your bios version are newer than that your trying to install. And i dont know what to do just tell me options . And sorry for my bad english Smiley Happy

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors