Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avanishmathur
Blue Screen Again
Views: 50,718
Message 1 of 5

external hard disk not shown in this pc

hey guyz,plz help me....my prob is as follows when i connect external hard disk to my laptop i.e., z510 it detects the hard drive bt doesnt show it in this pc(my computer)....although when i check device manager the external hard disk is shown their nd in its properties its written that  "your device is working properly" the drivers are up to date......but hard disk is not appearing in thiis pc ...so i cant even open the external hard disk....i m using win 8.1...i have use hard disk of 5 different companies bt every time same prob arises .

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 50,542
Message 2 of 5

Re: external hard disk not shown in this pc

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Go into Windows Disk Management and see if the external hard drive is assigned a drive letter.  If there is no letter assigned then Windows won't recognize the drive.  The link below is for a website that will explain how to use Windows Disk Management and assigning drive letters.........

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137/~/how-to-change-the-drive-letter-assignment-in-w...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

arre
What's DOS?
Views: 42,376
Message 3 of 5

I am connecting external usb hard drive not shown in this laptop v310.

I am connecting external usb hard drive not shown in this laptop v310.but it is showing in device management.

i am not able to assign a drive letter because the it showing primary partition, already two partition are primary.

give me the solution... 

psunny
What's DOS?
Views: 27,272
Message 4 of 5

Re: I am connecting external usb hard drive not shown in this laptop v310.

hi i have lenovo hard disk but it does not show in my laptop it indicate no media when shown in disk managment

Rain4
What's DOS?
Views: 15,366
Message 5 of 5

Re: external hard disk not shown in this pc

I have a similar problem. I have a Lenovo ideapad 100s 11". My windows 10 is not updated. I suspect that it might be the cause of the external drive not being able to be read. I tried the solutions for the posts, but it does not show even on "Disk Management". The external drive operates perfectly on other PC's.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors