Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giuseppecalo
Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 1 of 2

hardware scan error whd01v01i-uo7wbl

Good morning, I checked into the forum, but I did not found the same scan error code. Someone could help me to undarstand the cause? thanks in advance for your help
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 119
Message 2 of 2

Re: hardware scan error whd01v01i-uo7wbl

The Error code is 

WHD01V01I     Windows

WHD01V01I     Hard Drive One

WHD01V01I     Volume One

Note:  I am not sure what the i stands for, but usually the last part points to the test that failed.

The UO7wbl is the serial number etc. of your system in a encrypted format

It is a harddrive error of some sort, and most likely a failed S.M.A.R.T. test that indicates the drive is failing, so back up your important data immediately.     If your system is still under warranty, contact Lenovo Support, but in any case you should plan on having the drive replaced.

To find out what it means specifically (after you back up your data), open Lenovo Vantage, click on "Health & Support" >> "Run a Hardware Scan", and select "View Last Results".

How long your drive will last before failing completely is unknown, but I cannot emphasise the importance of backing up your data right away.    After backing up your data, if you refrain from using the computer, a good local computer shop might still be able to clone the drive to a new one and preserve all your installed software and data, but it just depends on what state the drive is currently in.

Best of luck, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors