Did you mean: 
ATMcom
Fanfold Paper
Views: 280
Message 1 of 1

help ! my hidden Vista image partition lost

Hello, this is my first post.

I have Y510 with 250GBs HDD , Serial Number : XXXXXXXX
Long ago I modified the partition from the original (I forgot what the original size) but I rememeber C partition is smaller than D and there are 3 partition : C, D, hidden

Now I have 39,2 GBs of C ; 167 GBs of D & 6,60 GBs of E

A month ago after I try to Install Linux (Suse 11.1) n got boot loader problem, Vista cannot boot because C Partition not detected (but still there), drive D & E still there n readble

At the first time I try recovery C partition using one of Hiren's Boot CD partition tools (........ @Unerase) but fail, C partition still not detected. I try another partition tools AND still fail ........  AND D & E & hidden partition lost become "Free Space" !!!! (what!!!)

Using partition tools from Hiren's Boot CD only D & E Partititon can recovered back to normal but NOT the hidden partition, it can not find the hidden partition, instead swap partition & Ext3 Linux parition recognized.

I try (and try again) another tools from Hiren & one of them can fix C partition problem (I forgot what the problem was), after C partition detected I use bcdedit.exe from Vista CD to fix boot loader.

Now I can boot to Vista, everything run normally. If I push the NOVO key from off state, OneKey Recovery software still running but if I continue it says destiantion partition has different size and cannot recover.

Until now "free space--19,79GBs"  that contains Vista image is untouch, can I recover it? I think the size is 14-15 GBs

moderator note: serial edited for user protection.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors