Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beetlelxlxl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,236
Message 1 of 4

help

thank you for browsing my message first.
here is my probelm,i just bought y410 model, do anybody has any idea about my wireless 3945abg couldn't conneted with netgear router.thanks for help//
Retired Guru
Views: 1,225
Message 2 of 4

Re: help

Welcome to the forum.
1)Do you have drivers properly installed?
2)Did you tuned your router and notebook wifi properly (same channel, same encryption type/password) ?
3)Does the problem persist when you far from router (50 feet) or even when you're close to it?
//help will save the world
beetlelxlxl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,216
Message 3 of 4

thank you for you help kripatch,,,iam network dummy he he ,can you tell me how do i know are my wireless adpater and my router channel is matched,,,my router is channel 11,is anywhere that i can setup my adapter's channel  to match my router,,and what about the encrpta.stuff,what is it?..
my situation is my adapter couldn't find the signal at all,  is it any thing to do with compatible,if it does what should i do ..thanks for further help..
Retired Guru
Views: 1,204
Message 4 of 4

Usually channel 6 is used for connection as far as I know, try it.
Encryption is needed to protect wifi connections, or one day everyone around uses "free internet" via your router =)
Or you can wait until someone uses your inet and ask him to help you with settings - if he used it he sure knows "how to"!! =)
Talking seriosly I preffer WPA 256-bit encryption, WEP is not reliable. To establish connection you must edit the type of connection in router, set up Network's SSID (name of network), encryption type, password and channel. Then your notebook can find this network and log in, using password. Encryption will be turned on automatically.
Also in router sometimes there's a such setting as "signal strength/power" that allows adjusting of signal level, so you can use WiFi at better distances. It's prefferable to make all tuning near router to be sure that signal strength isn't a reason of problem.
//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors