Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praveen_k
Punch Card
Views: 307
Message 1 of 2

how to use Recovery disks

Hello

i have created the recovery disks from one key recovery. now the question is, if i make any changes to partitions can i use these recovery disks to reset to factory settings.? because one of my friend created the disks and after that he altered partitions to install ubuntu after installing it windows has stoped booting after that he used the recovery disks but they didn't worked ?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 280
Message 2 of 2

Re: how to use Recovery disks

hi Praveen_k,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

If your friend has a preloaded Windows 8 OS and created a recovery disc using One Key Recovery 8.0 (see image below), then he will need to press the One Key Recovery button to restore the backup that he created (assuming your friend didn't deleted the hidden partition). Also, see this alternate mehod.

Spoiler
okr1.png

If your friend has a Windows 7 pre-installed, verify if he followed this instruction to create the recovery discs. If he did, he will need to boot from the discs that he created starting from disc one up to the last one.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors