Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buyersremorse
Blue Screen Again
Views: 172
Message 1 of 2

ideapad y400 not shutting down

my ideapad literally will not shut down. when i click "shut down" it does nothing. "restart" doesnt work either. however, hibernate and sleep work fine.

some odd things have been happening too. like, my google chrome keeps saying "administrator has disabled updates" so now flash doesnt work on chrome because its not updated. also i cant uninstall things from my computer and everything in general just lags (when i move a file into the trash bin the file icon still shows in the previous location. when i try to click on said icon it says "file not found") dunno if this is related but ???

this has never happened before. please help ? Smiley Sad thanks in advance.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 144
Message 2 of 2

Re: ideapad y400 not shutting down

Hello buyersremorse,

A few more details may be helpful to the volunteers here in making a diagnosis.

Have you tried another browser? If so how does that behave?

Have you run any anti-virus scans?

Are you able to download and run the following diagnostic tool? It won't fix anything, but will simply show a basic short report of what is installed.

* In order to prevent conflicts, you may need to disable your anti-virus/anti-spyware before downloading and running this.

Please go to HERE and download FLMini.zip
Save it to your Desktop
Some Browsers such as Chrome will save to your Downloads folder.
If you see a warning or something similar from your anti-virus at any point: "FLMini.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous" (or is a Trojan)->> Select Keep
Open the Downloads folder ->> Copy and paste FLMini.zip to your Desktop
Rt. Click ->> Extract all ->> And extract it to your Desktop
Open the FLMini Folder.
Double Click FLMini.exe ->>
As the program runs, a small window will open to let you know the progress of the scan, and when it is finished. The scan will take a few minutes. It may seem as if it is not doing anything. Please be patient.
When the program is finished it will produce a log for you MiniReport.txt
Copy and paste the contents of that log into your next reply on this forum..
MiniReport.txt can be found in the FLMini Folder.

* Please delete the FLMini folders from your desktop after your issue has been resolved and your forum topic is finished.

I look forward to your reply so that we have a better picture of what may be happening.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors